AH-64 in 1/48th Scale

swag

This is a kit bash from Monogram and Academy with a Verlinden detail set thrown on for good measure. Some scratch building also, but not much, mainly the de-ice cables on the rotor head and the antenna along the bottom of the fuselage.

post-2757-1229307836.jpg

• 2 months later...
Cobrahistorian

Cool 64! Been working on my Hasegawa kit lately. With the new Twobobs sheet coming out, I'm inspired to finish it (the markings are for my unit and I'll be building her as my favorite bird to fly, 515)

Jon

Cobrahistorian
I like the wire strike protection on the 30mm. That was one thing I was disappointed about with the model kits. They left that out.

Mike

The Hasegawa and Academy kits have the WSPS frame. Monogram, unfortunately left all of the WSPS blades off, since the kit originally came out before that mod did. They've corrected it on the new Revell Germany issue of the AH-64D.

If any of you are looking for a good AH-64 kit, go for the Hasegawa, it is light years ahead of any of the others. It is also the only somewhat accurate AH-64D kit out there. Nothing else comes close.

Jon

Both A and D model qualified.

Sadly this particular model has been damaged. The irony of its 'accident' is that a real live apache flew over my house and caused the damage! So now my model is lacking wheels, a gun, WSPS on the landing gear, pilot and copilot doors, and the weapons racks.

Cobrahistorian
Sadly this particular model has been damaged. The irony of its 'accident' is that a real live apache flew over my house and caused the damage! So now my model is lacking wheels, a gun, WSPS on the landing gear, pilot and copilot doors, and the weapons racks.

Send me your address. I've got TONS of spare Apache parts!

Jon

Send me your address. I've got TONS of spare Apache parts!

Jon

hahah, appreciate the offer. I have all the broken pieces and I might actually put it back together again. Maybe I'll paint Humpty Dumpty on the fuselage under the PC's seat.