Unissued Tropical Rucksack with extras

Justin

Nothing special, but I recently picked up this unissued 1968 dated tropical rucksack. Some goodies were found inside that you don't normally see, including the 4 nylon tie down straps, 2 water proof lining bags, and the tropical rucksack instruction sheet was found in the top flap pocket. Thought I'd share as Vietnam field gear has been becoming more popular in this forum lately.

post-2305-0-03323400-1422931607.jpg

post-2305-0-46560000-1422931614.jpg

post-2305-0-61031600-1422931620.jpg

Amazing find. I've had many people ask me if I have one with all the Vietnam web gear laying around but I've yet to find one. Minty new, I have to say I'm a little jealous.

Very nice!! I love when these rucks are the 2 tone brown/green in this condition, super cool!! Can't go wrong with those bonus finds either! When I found one of my tropical rucks it an early 2qt canteen strap tucked into the webbing eyelets. That was a good day!

Doyler, I think you win! :lol:

Just dumb luck.Was at a flea market about 15years ago.One vendor always had a little surplus gear.I would buy stuff from him occasonally.He recognized me and said he didnt have much new.I saw a pile of duffle bags and ALICE packs.At the bottom of the pile was the trop ruck sack.I asked how muck for the pack??..his reply $5 bucks for anything in the pile.It was his last flea market before it got cold and he didnt want to take a lot of stuff home

Good clean example of a desirable pack, J.

Doyler, don't you wish every day was like that?

RC

;) ...every days a good day.Just some better than others.

How about the time a buddy of mine who was a local Air Guard Sgt who decided he needed to clean out the wharehouse on base before he retired.He took a dump truck of gear they were not using or had even inventoried thoroughly for years to return it to the state HQ.He said a lot of it was Nam era "junk" he remembered from his days in Viet Nam.He found 4 sets of the green hardware for the M16s.There were rucksacks as well but he wouldnt let me look at them or offer to sort them and replace them with surplus ones.He piched 4 stanless steel tables that were 8 foot long and 4 foot wide.They were old prep tables from the kitchen.Of course we used my pickup to haul one table to his garage for a work bench.He also found a battle damaged M40 german helmet with ant decal intact in the wharehouse.To top it off he drove it all 120 miles to the state HQ and they basically told him they had no use for it,didnt want it and as far as they were concerned it didnt exist as he had no paper work for it and they didnt either. :dry: He was pizzed as he drove all that way so He left it there anyway.No one at his unit could figure out why he got fired up to clear out the whare house since it wasnt his job or area he was responsible for.