M38 parsons jacket

NCM1RIFLE82

NCM1RIFLE82

Does anyone make a repro of the m38 or at least a good original not priced over $500 (idk if over 500 is fair but it seems ridiculous )

RustyCanteen

I think the "At the Front" example is made of poplin, like the standard M41s. There is another (original) variation of the "M38" made of another material, I do not think anyone reproduces it.

RC

schmitty4ws1

Rusty Canteen is absolutely correct. M38s were made of a heavy twill fabric not poplin like the M41s. But as for if these companies produce them in the correct twill fabric I don't know. You could contact them and ask though.

Lets be honest how do m38 field jackets not get reproduce but company's reproduce something that can be found any where for a good price (such as leggings or 43 jackets) yes big reenactors need big sizes but I believe they need to reproduce the stuff people need to be reproduce.

ATF has one for $125 come 2014.

https://www.atthefrontshop.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=USUJM38

Looks like WWII impressions will have one shortly as well, probably for $175 or something like that.

Rob

Yes we will be offering probably the best made replica M41/M38 jackets made. Very significant and full of heft.

The vast majority of the M38 model field jackets were made from the same poplin as the M41. Using cotton twill as a fabric for the M38 was a choice the other company made that it was an anomoly and historically it was not the norm.

Yes we will be offering probably the best made replica M41/M38 jackets made. Very significant and full of heft.

The vast majority of the M38 model field jackets were made from the same poplin as the M41. Using cotton twill as a fabric for the M38 was a choice the other company made that it was an anomoly and historically it was not the norm.

What are the chances of any in bigger sizes , say 3xl/4xl?

Captainofthe7th

You guys always do have the BEST pieces on the market, so I'm looking forward to it! And to everyone who's wary of the higher prices, WWII Impressions isn't expensive...they're valuable! :)

Rob