Skull Knuckle Knife

Tony-in-NH

And why exactly was this posted on a US military collector's site? It certainly is not military and I doubt it is US!

G

Almost looks like a Ka-Bar type blade that a sailor / Marine had fashioned into a different handle? Pretty cool if that's what it is! Is it against the rules to post theater-made and / or "homemade" US military items on this forum?

tony.. very interesting ,this is a copy of the knifes Eugene w.stone sr made while serving in the U.S Navy..am i right..do you know how long this knife has been reproduced and by who..the blade looks like a copy camillus as to the short and sharply curved false edge.very interesting tony and good to see...i didnt know they were knocking this one out as a repro...any more info on this one would be great..

regards joe

Some craftmen will carve something in wax and use it as a mold for something in bronze or pewter. Could this have been made by a shipboard or foreign craftsman for a US soldier?

thebladeslinger
And why exactly was this posted on a US military collector's site? It certainly is not military and I doubt it is US!

G

WHAT!!?? I think you need to do a little fact checking. Stone knuckle knives are pretty well known and very sought after. The knife in question is one of the nicest knives I've seen posted on this forum and is a lot more relevant than many of the unmarked unknown homemade knives that people post here.

Here is a link http://ewstoneknife.com/

In addition to a wonderful collection of knuckle knives at this site you can also see Mr. Stone's personal knife made during WWII and ones he made later for his son to carry during Vietnam.

WOW...very cool info there!

I love this forum...always learn something new! I had this pegged as a theater made piece...nothing as cool as what it actually is!

Awesome knife Tony. The Stone design never fails to impress. Is there a story with it?

Very nice looking and collectible knife.I bet it would fare quite well in a close combat situation.Pony

G

You are kidding...right?

Fooled me too Bubba. I have never seen this type knife before. I would have thought it was some cheap piece made today as a fantasy blade. Oh well this old dog learned something new today.

Great blade and I really enjoyed the info on the Stone site.

Thanks for posting.

Steve

Fooled me too Bubba.

Me three.

My first reaction was, "Why is that Chinese crap on here", but obviously I was very mistaken!

The knives are also shown in MH Coles last book.

I am familiar with the bright alumium ones.THis one is not seen variation in handle material to me.Thanks for posting.

RON

Me three.

My first reaction was, "Why is that Chinese crap on here", but obviously I was very mistaken!

Well, now we know where the Chinese got the idea for their cheap crap! It got me as well.

Anyone got a picture of them actually being used?

Anyone got a picture of them actually being used?

I'm not aware of any pictures of these being used in combat, but they are well documented.

Tony,

Thanks for sharing with the world, its found a fine home with a world class collector!

Cheers,

Jeb

Well, now we know where the Chinese got the idea for their cheap crap!

thumbdown.gif

Tony, FWIW, I think that's a dang nice knife and I wish it was in my collection. Thanks for showing it to us who appreciate it. Enjoy it!

thumbdown.gif

Tony, FWIW, I think that's a dang nice knife and I wish it was in my collection. Thanks for showing it to us who appreciate it. Enjoy it!

Up until a few minutes ago, reading this thread, I would not have given this knife a second look. Now I know better. Much to learn have I. Thanx for posting. thumbsup.gif