M1910 Shovel Cover- Kadin 1942

THAT GUY

Hey guys,

I'm selling this shovel cover on ebay right now and got a message from a jokester saying that my cover was fake. I am willing to put it up on the forum and ask your opinions. Thank you for your time.

Sam

post-8911-1323041955.jpg

Just got a second question very soon after the first asking if it was a repro.

Looks good to me also...I am looking for one how much are you asking for it?

Looks fine to me, Sam. Sounds to me like you got a very uneducated sound-off from a beginner.

Thanks Jim. I had a big feeling it was real.

Looks good to me also...I am looking for one how much are you asking for it?

Devincu,

I'm pretty sure the mods here won't like me showing the link on this thread, so I'll p.m. you.

Sam

Sam

I too think its good.Give it the sniff test...smell like old canvas=old canvas :lol:

For what its worth the KADIN marking is the same as the ones I have on carbine pouches made by them.Also a lot of the new stuff just feels a lot thinnner to me.The weight and the weave of the material is different and tends to have a fuzzy look to the material.

ThompsonSavage

Nothing wrong with that cover, got a similar 1942 KADIN BROS. My Kadin dispatch case has the same style of marking.

Most of the Kadin gear I have seen has this type of faint markings.

Other companies such as HAV.STCH.CO, WLMC, A-G CORP, HAMELCO have even stranger types of markings!

post-45626-1323046971.jpg

post-45626-1323046991.jpg

Sam

I too think its good.Give it the sniff test...smell like old canvas=old canvas :lol:

For what its worth the KADIN marking is the same as the ones I have on carbine pouches made by them.Also a lot of the new stuff just feels a lot thinnner to me.The weight and the weave of the material is different and tends to have a fuzzy look to the material.

Oh it smells alright. :) I agree with you. And its always a funky color.

Sam

Nothing wrong with that cover, got a similar 1942 KADIN BROS. My Kadin dispatch case has the same style of marking.

Most of the Kadin gear I have seen has this type of faint markings.

Other companies such as HAV.STCH.CO, WLMC, A-G CORP, HAMELCO have even stranger types of markings!

Thanks ThompsonSavage, that makes me feel even more confident about it. :)

Sam

I've got several Kadin products, including a Map Case, and they all have the big block letters. And I've had a bunch of those Shovel Covers through the years.

T.S., is your Map Case dark O.D. with pea-green edge binding?

ThompsonSavage
T.S., is your Map Case dark O.D. with pea-green edge binding?

I actually have no idea, I won it on Ebay and it is still on its way over here :rolleyes: But I think it's OD3, I'll let you know when it arrives.

I think the questioner was probably "suspicious" because of the minty appearance of your cover? It's as good an example as you'll find..anywhere!