10 replies to this topic

#1 Brig

Brig

SENIOR MODERATOR

• Senior Moderators
    • Member ID: 22
  • 21,851 posts

Posted 25 December 2010 - 08:15 AM

Somehow every year my wife manages to find something in the woodwork...this year it was a Beast model Officer dress emblem...

A couple were posted a few years ago by Gary here... http://www.usmilitar...?showtopic=5546

This one is unmarked, appears to be highly polished as some points of the latitude lines are gone. She said the seller stated he thought post-WWII, probably because the finish is a bit in resembling a Korea era Meyers or some such, or maybe even a repro...but the long post and roller, especially, make me think earlier. Perhaps Depression era? Any opinions? Nice long post and long stabilizing pin...scarcely seen. Wonderful addition no matter the era. As for the fear of reproduction... the wear this displays and the fact we haven't seen them all over the market tends to give that idea a big :thumbdown: which is always a good sign

Attached Images

• 100_9331.JPG

#2 Brig

Brig

SENIOR MODERATOR

• Senior Moderators
  • 21,851 posts

Posted 25 December 2010 - 08:16 AM

yeah...I think I'll keep the wife around for awhile...she has better finds than us each year

Attached Images

• 100_9330.JPG

#3 teufelhunde.ret

teufelhunde.ret

• Moderators
    • Member ID: 376
  • 21,541 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 06:49 AM

Congrat's Brig! Hat's off to your wife on a good fine and a wonderful Christmas present! s/f D.

#4 Terry K.

Terry K.
  • Members
    • Member ID: 629
  • 3,093 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 03:53 PM

Both wife and Beast are keepers for sure! Congrats!
Terry

#5 Brig

Brig

SENIOR MODERATOR

• Senior Moderators
  • 21,851 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 03:20 PM

picked up another on eBay a couple days ago. Sadly, the eagle is snapped off. Fortunately, it is present, and only snapped at the original solder line, so easily repairable. Went cheaper than I would have though considering the ease of the repair...I think between darked photos and the black on the chest, people thought it was a service varient with the finish buffed off, but it is indeed dress. Shorter post than my other one, rope through the piercing appears to have been resoldered at some point...will be offering it for trade and if wanted, when I find the solder iron, can repair it...

Attached Images

• 101_0454.JPG
  • 101_0455.JPG

#6 Brig

Brig

SENIOR MODERATOR

• Senior Moderators
  • 21,851 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 03:21 PM

side-by-side

Attached Images

• 101_0458.JPG

#7 Brig

Brig

SENIOR MODERATOR

• Senior Moderators
  • 21,851 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 03:22 PM

rears

Attached Images

• 101_0459.JPG

#8 normaninvasion

normaninvasion
  • Members
    • Member ID: 4,253
  • 2,433 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 07:19 AM

I have to add some new search critera because I never see this stuff listed. I bet there are some old salt jewelers near by that can mend it.

#9 teufelhunde.ret

teufelhunde.ret

• Moderators
  • 21,541 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 07:34 AM

I have to add some new search critera

Its called "wifey" - she can spot an EGA were no one can! Good find, PM sent ;)

Edited by teufelhunde.ret, 12 March 2011 - 07:34 AM.

#10 Brig

Brig

SENIOR MODERATOR

• Senior Moderators
  • 21,851 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 09:59 AM

this one was actually listed just fine...but if you just browse the pics it was dim and a bit unfocused

#11 teufelhunde.ret

teufelhunde.ret

• Moderators
  • 21,541 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 08:55 AM

You are in the Marine Corps EGA reference section. This area is were posts from the Marine Corps, USMC EGA discussion section are moved for permanent retention and education about the history of the Eagle, Globe and Anchor. As time moves forward there maybe additional information the EGA Moderators wish to add or will add to this specific post. We ask for your input as well.

We encourage further comments about this post and its content. In order to do so, you will need to start a new post in the USMC EGA discussion area which is listed in the main page under insignia. And as needed we will be pleased to move any new and or valued information that is derived from your post (and subsequent comments) into this reference area as its own standing post.

Please be advised; posting and or editing is restricted on Eagle, Globe and Anchor emblem threads; to moderator's and forum staff.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users