WWII NAVAL AVIATOR FLIGHT LOGBOOKS

KASTAUFFER

mark leonard

This logbook belonged to ACRM J W Adams of VP-44. He was a member of a PBY crew and was shot down and KIA in the battle of Midway,june 4 1942. The only PBY lost in that battle due to hostile fire.

post-6643-1303654378.jpg

mark leonard

This is one of my favorite logbooks.I got this at a local church garage sale and then met and spent several evenings talking with the man this belonged to.Some amazing stories. It belonged to ARM1c Walt Banisky VP-11.The first page is Dec. 1941 stationed at Kaneohe NAS and they lost most of there PBY's during the attack of Pearl Harbor.

post-6643-1303654994.jpg

mark leonard
This is one of my favorite logbooks.I got this at a local church garage sale and then met and spent several evenings talking with the man this belonged to.Some amazing stories. It belonged to ARM1c Walt Banisky VP-11.The first page is Dec. 1941 stationed at Kaneohe NAS and they lost most of there PBY's during the attack of Pearl Harbor.

This page tell's of an amazing dogfight sept.6. He told me they flew side by side and shot each other for a long time.He told me there gunner was shot in the chest and killed. When they finally broke off he was losing altitude and the other plane flew off smoking.

post-6643-1303655550.jpg

mark leonard
This page tell's of an amazing dogfight sept.6. He told me they flew side by side and shot each other for a long time.He told me there gunner was shot in the chest and killed. When they finally broke off he was losing altitude and the other plane flew off smoking.

This page shows oct 20 Guadalcanal bombing-18 100 pound bombs. When I asked him about this,he said they stacked 100 pound bombs all over insde there pby and when they got over Guadalcanal they removed the tunnel hatch cover 1 guy hunkerd over the hole and they passed him 100 pound bombs,when the pilot yelled now he would let one go.

post-6643-1303656098.jpg

mark leonard
This page shows oct 20 Guadalcanal bombing-18 100 pound bombs. When I asked him about this,he said they stacked 100 pound bombs all over insde there pby and when they got over Guadalcanal they removed the tunnel hatch cover 1 guy hunkerd over the hole and they passed him 100 pound bombs,when the pilot yelled now he would let one go.

This page shows mar. 1 He said they flying with some other PBY,s when one from VP-101 came up under them and there prop cut in to the bottom of his plane where he was sitting, no one hurt but both planes landed hard.

post-6643-1303656583.jpg

mark leonard

This Logbook belonged to Ens C S Porter of VB-5 on CV-10 USS yorktown.He later becme commander of VAH-2 and was killed in a A3D Skywarrior

post-6643-1303657525.jpg

mark leonard
This Logbook belonged to Ens C S Porter of VB-5 on CV-10 USS yorktown.He later becme commander of VAH-2 and was killed in a A3D Skywarrior

Next page

post-6643-1303657608.jpg

mark leonard

This logbook belonged to Lt E E Watson of VPB-53 flying PBY's . On aug 2 he was assisting in the rescue of survivors of the USS Indianapolis

post-6643-1303660537.jpg

mark leonard

This logbook belonged to Lt L R Heron .He was in charge of a ferret group part of "Section 22" a intelligence group. They looked for and jammed enemy radio's and radars.

post-6643-1303660860.jpg

mark leonard
This logbook belonged to Lt L R Heron .He was in charge of a ferret group part of "Section 22" a intelligence group. They looked for and jammed enemy radio's and radars.

Next page

post-6643-1303660938.jpg