Vietnam era 23rd Infantry soldier photos

BOLO

The 23rd Infantry Division (Americal) entered the war in 1967 and was the largest infantry division that operated in South Vietnam

I found these photos of a US soldier's basic training photo from FORT ORD in CA , one of the photos shows him wearing Vietnam jungle fatiques with the 23rd Inf division patch on his uniform, also has a nice "in country" photo of the soldier at some firebase in South Vietnam, you can see the rice paddies down below in the back ground, he appears to be in the highlands and is armed with his M16 with M203 grenade launcher. His Army boot camp photo also included a WWII photo of his father wearing a US Army Air Corps uniform with a note to his wife written on it.

post-1885-1261429527.jpg

The 23rd Infantry Division (Americal) entered the war in 1967 and was the largest infantry division that operated in South Vietnam

I found these photos of a US soldier's basic training photo from FORT ORD in CA , one of the photos shows him wearing Vietnam jungle fatiques with the 23rd Inf division patch on his uniform, also has a nice "in country" photo of the soldier at some firebase in South Vietnam, you can see the rice paddies down below in the back ground, he appears to be in the highlands and is armed with his M16 with M203 grenade launcher. His Army boot camp photo also included a WWII photo of his father wearing a US Army Air Corps uniform with a note to his wife written on it.

When I first saw this Basic Training picture at Fort Ord, I thought it was mine, but mine was taken two years later, I reckon we all looked the same back them.

After I got out of the army in '75, I started work as a "framer" up In Washington State, until I left for Germany in '78, for my famed three week vacation, anyway my main boss was in the 23rd I.D. Americal in Vietnam, he'd always poke fun at me for not makng it to Vietnam, and I always had to defend myself, it wasn't easy either being sent to Germany for Hardship duty! :w00t:

One of my favorite pick up lines back then; " Have you ever been nailed by a framer?"