• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#51 American Patrol Co.

American Patrol Co.
  • Members
    • Member ID: 13,090
  • 35 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 07:11 AM

Reg, Just saw your posting and am still relatively new to this forum. I hope you are enjoying the pouch I manufactored. Since this forum seems to be the place where guys really examine gear and the nitty-gritty details of their construction, I should probably make a small confesssion. The zippred pouches I have manfactrued and sold to individuals and Stan Wolcott have one intentional flaw built into them in order to positively distiguish them from an orginal artifact. Funny though, I am a bit surpised that it has not been identified here yet.......

Spoiler Alert....The five original zippred compass pouches I examined while doing pattern work for my replica pouches all had nickle plated (silver) zippers and pulls. Mine are brass/gold. If you find a zippered pouch with silver metal components it most likely will be an original. I do my best to make this and all of my other products as authentic as possible, I hope however, that nobody has been scammed with them.

Peace

Ray

#52 Petervds

Petervds
  • New Members
    • Member ID: 163,693
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 September 2016 - 08:40 AM

Hello guys,

i'm not able to post a new topic here. don't know why but can anyone tell me if this is a original 1st pattern pouch?

I can buy it with the compass but i like to know if it's correct.

thanks for answers ;)2.JPG 1.JPG

#53 Petervds

Petervds
  • New Members
    • Member ID: 163,693
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 September 2016 - 08:41 AM

3.JPG

#54 EUCMH

EUCMH
  • New Members
    • Member ID: 160,924
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 March 2018 - 05:03 AM

hi

I am searching for a couple leather pouches for compasses (Cruchon and Plan 1918)

any idea where I can find some ?

thank you

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users