1839 Republic of Texas Army

hhbooker2

:rolleyes: I went to see what was being auctioned and saw an 1839 General Staff uniform for someone in the Republic of Texas Army. The pictures do their own talking and you can see for yourself this well-preserved piece of U.S. history and of the "Lone Star State" of Texas too. :rolleyes: Sarge Booker of Tujunga, California [[email protected]]

post-837-1240195534.jpg

post-837-1240195583.jpg

post-837-1240195601.jpg

That is without doubt one of the finest mid 1800's military uniforms that has ever been posted here. I wish I had pockets deep enough to own it.

I really hope that a major Texas museum acquires that set. Absolutely outstanding.

Steve

brandon_rss18

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! w00t.gifw00t.gifw00t.gif That is by far my FAVORITE uniform I have ever seen ANYWHERE. Being a native Texan that lives 15 minutes from where our Independence was won, that uniform means a lot to me. Thanks you for posting that. I LOVE IT< and again my FAVORITE!

Wow! w00t.gif fantastic, a jacket that old and still in that condition is almost unheard of. The belt with the Texas plate alone is worth a lot. Where was the auction and do you have a link to a website. That is one great jacket and I do hope a museum gets it where the public can view it. Ray

brandon_rss18
errrr.....

Am I amiss as to thinking the original poster thinks this is a hokey uniform??

I dont understand what you are asking, what do you mean by hockey uniform?

Glad to see they are not handling it with bare hands - looks like they are wearing cotton gloves in one of the photos. I saw this on eBay tonight before coming here and thought the uniform was a beauty - and I don't even collect that field.

My Goodness! That is certainly a spectacluar uniform! w00t.gif I hope it goes to a good home, but I would LOVE to know where it has been all these years. Thanks for sharing.

Such a great piece of history and so well preserved. I hope it falls in the hands of good people who will cherish it.

~Rabbit