BD-71 field telephone switchboard

quartercav

I recently worked on repairing two WWII BD-71 field telephone switchboards for a re-enactor. The major problem was actually the mic/headset not working. The handset of a EE-8 field telephone can actually be used in place of a mic/headset. If you have a BD-71 and you need some free technical support, feel free to contact me at [email protected] I just bought my own BD-71 on ebay from surplus city jeep parts for $112 plus shipping. They claim that they were reconditioned in the 50's. I will update later with a description of the actual condition.They have a bunch of them that they have been selling on ebay, with a selling range of $100 to $176.

I also do WWII SCR-625 mine detector repair. See http://sites.google.com/site/scr625/Home

Dewey

Update on BD-71 from ebay/ surplus city jeep parts: The switchboard has arrived, and is in excellent cosmetic condition, except for one nicked cable. It is functional except for the lights and night alarm, but that should be repairable. If you are interested in a BD-71 switchboard, I would recommend those sold by surplus city jeep parts, rather than buying one blind elsewhere. Shipping half way across the US was $60, but less than estimated.

Dewey