ATTACHING KERR SLING ON THOMPSON?

bldrhouse

cannot figure out how attach my Kerr sling; it has three straps, forming a type of Y pattern. assume the single end goes on butt, and end with two straps goes to handguard (or vv) -- one has the clip-on connector -- but not sure what to do with the extra strap on that end with rectangular metal piece...

pic, anyone?

z

David... won't work! I don't have a Doughboy outfit to wear while doing it -- but I do have an '03 Springfield...

Thank you and Happy New Year (= more opportunities to buy stuff..)

z

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks on the instructions.

However, the metal tip that goes thru the forward sling swivel will not fit thru; it's really tight and seems to be a miniscule amount narrower..

guess I could lube it, but with what? my worry is that I am going to scratch the paint very badly....

ideas?

Thanks on the instructions.

However, the metal tip that goes thru the forward sling swivel will not fit thru; it's really tight and seems to be a miniscule amount narrower..

guess I could lube it, but with what? my worry is that I am going to scratch the paint very badly....

ideas?

It should be a tight or almost difficult fit.

You have to sort of hold the tension on the spring clip as you bring it around so that it feels like it won't fit but then it just barley does fit. Hard to put into words, but keep tinkering carefully and you'll probably get it to work.