• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ClaptonIsGod

ClaptonIsGod
  • Members
    • Member ID: 4,251
  • 2,563 posts

Posted 16 November 2019 - 05:33 PM

Stopped in a surplus/survival store on a weekend road trip and was generally underwhelmed by the offerings, but there were a few things here and there on consignment. Picked out this modified DCU, and then stumbled across the CCU. I had forgotten what the CCU was, but it obviously stood out to me because it was configured like an ACU so I grabbed it and bought both for $12.99 each. Think they came from the same owner as there were many other BDUs and DCUs with the same name and rank, and some had a patch that looked like a strange W I need to research. Interestingly the DCU top appears to have been configured like the CCU, but unusual that the lower two pockets are gone altogether as they usually seem to be moved to the arms. On the CCU, I can understand why those arm pocket snaps did not make it to the ACU and OCP. Shop owner did not seem to know what the CCU was or it may have been priced higher.

Just wanted to share as I am thrilled to have a piece of uniform history to bridge the DCU and ACU. Looked for the pants but no luck. What does a CCU top go for these days? Enjoy.

3oEhUG9.jpg
fsbQmvc.jpg
ji5gTtt.jpg
bx2Ccnz.jpg

#2 BagmanL6

BagmanL6
  • Members
    • Member ID: 150,797
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 16 November 2019 - 06:22 PM

Can't beat that.  Nice score.

#3 ClaptonIsGod

ClaptonIsGod
  • Members
    • Member ID: 4,251
  • 2,563 posts

Posted 16 November 2019 - 07:27 PM

Thanks, did not seem real when I realized what I had in my hands at that price. This is a first contract per http://www.usmilitar...combat-uniform/

#4 Cap Camouflage Pattern I

Cap Camouflage Pattern I
  • Members
    • Member ID: 153,751
  • 3,328 posts

Posted 17 November 2019 - 01:23 PM

Great ones!

#5 Longbranch

Longbranch
  • Members
    • Member ID: 11,320
  • 1,252 posts

Posted 18 November 2019 - 07:23 PM

One like that is probably $50-$100. It can be hard to sell them with the name and rank removed, as they are fairly commonly found like that. Ive picked up several for less than $100 on eBay, including one where I actually found a pic of the vet in Iraq wearing the exact same CCU jacket. Sadly Ive sold them all.

Edited by Longbranch, 18 November 2019 - 07:26 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users