• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 MrStiv

MrStiv
  • Members
    • Member ID: 168,114
  • 54 posts

Posted 07 December 2018 - 07:48 AM

I’ve come across colored metal badges for several Major Commands (Air Combat, Air Education and Training, NORAD, Air Mobility Command) in the United States Air Force that are metal versions of those Commands’ shields (same designs are used for color patches). They seem to be the USAF equivalent of an RDI in the Army. Several Web sites call them Air Force Crests, and as I mentioned they seem to be limited to Major Commands (both historical and current). I’m attaching an image of the NORAD and Air Combat Command badges for reference.

Does anyone here have any idea on what uniforms they might be worn on? The only reference I can find in AFI 36-2903 is this regarding Security Forces:

“9.6.3.  Neck Scarf (ascot).  White, camouflage or ABU patterned (for ABUs only). Ascot may have MAJCOM crest.”

Hard to believe these were created for wear only on ascots worn by Security Forces personnel, but what do I know?

As always, my grateful thanks for any info regarding these items!

Attached Images

• NORAD.jpg
  • acc.jpg

#2 Paulruss

Paulruss
  • Members
    • Member ID: 2,164
  • 39 posts

Posted 07 December 2018 - 10:38 AM

Back in my day before the Security Forces patch came out they were worn on the beret 

#3 majormadmax

majormadmax
  • New Members
    • Member ID: 181,779
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 December 2018 - 10:25 AM

Back in my day before the Security Forces patch came out they were worn on the beret 

Concur, we wore the USAFE one on our blue berets 82-84.

Plenty of pics here:  http://www.81sps.com/

B_flight_Security.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users