thanks for your help on KA-BAR

Sergesquadron

Sergesquadron

00001_Couteau-USN-Mk2-trouve-Cherbourg.jHello,y

Hello, can you tell me if the USN MK2 Camillus and a good WWII and its scabbard, and the date, thank you for your reply.
Serge

Sergesquadron

IMHO, nice clean example of a WW2 guard marked Camillus with a period correct sheath. Again IMHO, time frame late WW2 generally 44-45.

Hello sactroop,
Thanks for your reply, I buy them has a French collector for the price of $260 a can expensive but in superb condition, another question do you think that the US Marines had USN MK2 or even the Navy only, thanks if you can tell me.
Serge

In my humble opinion,under the circumstances I wouldn't find that price to be outrageous for a knife in such good overall condition.

During WW2 the common practice was for the different branches of service,(ie Army,Navy, Marine Corps, and Army Air Force), to right their own contracts. So I think as a general observation this equipment would tend to go to and stay with the specific branch. That being said, we had millions of citizens in uniform during the War, and I'm very comfortable with the likely hood that equipment found it's way into uncommon places.

Sergesquadron

In my humble opinion,under the circumstances I wouldn't find that price to be outrageous for a knife in such good overall condition.

During WW2 the common practice was for the different branches of service,(ie Army,Navy, Marine Corps, and Army Air Force), to right their own contracts. So I think as a general observation this equipment would tend to go to and stay with the specific branch. That being said, we had millions of citizens in uniform during the War, and I'm very comfortable with the likely hood that equipment found it's way into uncommon places.

Hello sactroop,

thank you for your answer to all questions.

Serge