New Production, U.S. WW1 - W.I.A. Silver, Lapel Pins

Hello Folks, I'm not sure if this particular item(s) has ever been noted here on the USMF, but I figured I should at least make note of it. Now, be advised that it doesn't appear as if this particular seller is promoting these as 'original, period manufactured' pieces. However, there may be other sellers out there with less scrupulous ideals. S o, all I'm trying to say here is, be forewarned ! As you can see as per the scans, there are distinct differences between the older production pieces & the newer mfg'd types. Hey, you never now, somebody out there may get ambitious. Take care,

LINK: https://www.ebay.com/itm/WW1-Victory-Lapel-Pin-Reissue-Wholesale-Lot-of-100/371546103938?hash=item5681dfa082:g:utwAAOSwJb9WsOxH

Best, dpast32

• 9 months later...
russ santangelo

I just took a look at this and the seller does list it as a re issue. What is odd is that it has a contract number as noted on the card. Could they have been government contracted to give to families? I never heard of them doing that. They don't even issue medals for pre WW 1 campaigns, or do they?

The silver badges were a government contract item. When we received my wife's grandfather's Ww1 items we got one plus a 1970s or 80s contract Victory Medal. The government also contracted out for all the pre-WW1 campaign medals in the 1960s. I assume these were for veterans, families, and display.