Named WWII US Navy Boyt Aircrew Holster

JBaird

I recently acquired this US marked holster with the name of the man it was issued to on the back. I'm still looking, but as of yet have not been able to find any information on him. I was hoping forum members could provide some information on the holster and hopefully the man as well. It is marked on the backside, "L.G. Armbrecht AAMP2/c USNR

post-157582-0-79614300-1533670579_thumb.jpg

Playing around with the name, I came up with Louis Godfrey Armbrecht. Was wondering if anyone could give me an idea of what this holster might be worth... as I am not an expert on these. I did some more research after figuring out the name and found the following information.

post-157582-0-51396700-1533672903_thumb.jpeg

Your holster is of the M7 pattern, a very late WWII type holster. The stamp on the back is indicutive of being manuafctured in the late or early forties, meaning I'd look for this guy in the immediate post war arena.

The BOYT marking looks like a post war marking used by the Company.

I have similiar marked ones and dated 1962 with the MRT stamp.

I mis typed, I meant to add early 50's not forties and Doyler is probably more spot on with date ranging. Also look into that Rate AMMP on when it was instituted.

I posted these in another topic.

Both Holsters are both made by BOYT.I have owned a half dozen of each all marked this way.

THe BOYT marking has 3 stars( * * * ) over BOYT and one on either side for a total of 5 stars in the logo.

I have seen this on some commercial items as well from the 60s-70s.

Speaking at one time with a Company VP/ (ad-hoc) Company Historian I wasn't able to get much information.He stated there was a fire after the war and all the records I was asking about were lost.I may have to stop sometime if in the area and try to see if these items can be dated or if they can tell me when they used the marking and how long.

THey are not physically date stamped like most holsters.THey all have the MRT 1963 date.I assume these were dated when treated?Possible they were made and treated at the same time(?)

post-342-0-08710200-1533701103_thumb.jpg

post-342-0-77829000-1533701112_thumb.jpg

post-342-0-42623300-1533701125_thumb.jpg