Jump to content


PASGT question

  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 MEversbergII

  • Members
    • Member ID: 162,639
  • 30 posts

Posted 06 January 2018 - 07:59 PM



I did some research on PASGT a few years ago but there is one thing I did not seem to find:  Official designation. 


That is to say, the M#, like we see with every other piece of military equipment I can think of, such as M9 bayonets, M16 rifles, M4 carbines, M18 smoke grenades, etc.


I find a few references to the helmet being "M88" or sometimes with the outdated "M-88" format.  Nothing at all for the vest, though.


Slang terms and "PASGT" aside, what were the "M" designations (model designations?) for these two bits of kit?



#2 RedLegGI

  • Members
    • Member ID: 5,712
  • 1,807 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 06 January 2018 - 09:14 PM

I believe it is properly:


Helmet, Ground Troops' - Parachutists'



Not sexy or cool like the M nomenclatures :(

#3 Cap Camouflage Pattern I

Cap Camouflage Pattern I
  • Members
    • Member ID: 153,751
  • 3,256 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Oklahoma

Posted 06 January 2018 - 10:34 PM

I believe, if it actually applies to anything more than airsoft gear,  M88 is the Chinese designation for their PASGT clone.


I agree with RedLegGI, the helmet is "Helmet, Ground Troops-Parachutists" and the vest is "Body Armor, Fragmentation Protective Vest, Ground Troops."

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users