Last Flight for WO1 John Rizzo

tarbridge

This is a story about John Rizzo and his medal group.

John was a Chopper Pilot and was a member of the "Comancheros"

Link... http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/250292-the-comancheros/

I was contacted by his brother a short time back.John's widow was his beneficiary and received all his worldly goods.John's family was not entitled to his medals. After John's widow passed the medals were sold and had been in a collection for years.He did learn about them with a Google search which led him to me.

I returned the group of John Rizzo to his family...they refunded my purchase price. On my on volition...I let them buy the group for a little less than my price and I paid the priority shipping and mounted the medals in a nice wood case.

post-123-0-75852100-1442850444.jpg

post-123-0-63479100-1442851854.jpg

Here is John's Mother and two brothers...John is now home RIP.

IMG_2356.jpg

Robert,

Your actions are extremely commendable and noteworthy. You have set an example for all..

Well done..

The Rizzo family has a piece of their own back with them...Rest in Peace WO Rizzo

Leigh

Leigh,

Many of us Collectors and Dealers do this very thing many times in a year.We don't make a spectacle out of the connection. This section partially will let folks see that

we have been doing this for years with no compensation, no airplane tickets, motels accommodations, meals, news cameras or donations.

Brian Dentino

Well done Robert. Good to see how happy the Rizzo family looks with your generous offering. You are right, this sort of thing happens all the time without fanfare or photo-ops, just good collectors doing what they feel is right and not asking for any extra in return. Kudos to you again, sir!

doinworkinvans

Rob...great story and tribute brother. Just another example of you (and collectors) doing the right thing and the media will never hear of it. You are a gentleman and a scholar.