Grouping with Nuremberg trials pass

beerdragon54

beerdragon54

I purchased this yesterday from a picker who never took a look at the stuff. Soldiers name was James T. Justin from Mansfield, PA. It appears he was in the 91st Inf. Division as his name is in that hat. Bring back German flashlight and compass. 3 91st division DI's I'm assuming. 3 each 1st division patches. 2 appear to be green backs. Inside his writing case was all sorts of neat stuff to include an original Nuremberg trials pass No 210. Being a history buff I was so excited to see it stuffed behind stuff I had a smile for a long time. Are they rare? Any comments on anything in the grouping?Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To clarify the gentleman's unit involvement. During the war he was assigned to the 91st,assumed by the hat markings.The war ends and he does not have enough points or he has a speciality that is needed at the IMT. He is assigned to the 3rd Army,1st Division,26th Infantry. It may be 7th Army at this point I'm not sure.

These post war reassignments can make research difficult if all you have on a discharge is the last assignment.In this case we have an indication he was with the 91st.

beerdragon54

Closer examination of the hat insignia shows the tree is definitely blue.?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CNY Militaria

If you're going by the DUI's to say he was in he 91st, then he was actually in the 1st ID. As others have said, 26th Inf DUI's.

IIRC This was a reward for their actions from D-Day to VE day.

Some reward...I would have wanted to go home... :lol:;)

I know the low pointers would take the bulk of the occuaption duty and new troops as well as those waiting to rotate home.

I have met a couple 1st Divsion POWs and they were or went to the 26th Inf and then home.