Not sure where I should ask?

Gerradtgrant

Anybody familiar with buttons? I have one here I can't find any info on. Posted Image

Posted Image

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Searching google, ebay, the forum, etc. will get you some quick pictures and answers on a lot of military stuff. That's what I do. If I can't find it that way then I ask the guys/gals on here for help.

Search for Extra Quality buttons, military buttons etc. Whatever you're looking for you can usually find searching and you'll also learn a lot while you're doing it.

Hope that helps you get some quick answers on your items.

HH

Gerradtgrant

Searching  google, ebay, the forum, etc. will get you some quick pictures and answers on a lot of military stuff. That's what I do. If I can't find it that way then I ask the guys/gals on here for help.

Search for  Extra Quality buttons, military buttons etc. Whatever you're looking for you can usually find searching and you'll also learn a lot while you're doing it.

Hope that helps you get some quick answers on your items.

HH

Thank you. I have tried and did learn a bit about buttons.

I have a button like yours in my collection. It's not a military uniform button, at least it's not listed in any of the books on US military uniform buttons. I suspect political type button. Maybe worn by some government official. Hard to accurately date the button with this particular backmark but suspect late 1800's or early 1900's.

Gerradtgrant

Thank you for the explanation. so probably old just not military

Gerradtgrant

I have found this to be the Washington DC Metropolitan Police Department.  You can google it.

-Ski

I did and didn't find much. Does it have any time frame?