VN made Tonkin Gulf Brazen Provocaror Patch

48stars

USS Enterprise and Carrier Air Wing 14's aggravating missions over VietNam Harassing the NVA

I'm guessing this is fairly rare and one of the last significant VN War patches considering the mission was to harass the NVA as we evacuated Vietnam. can't find out much about it but thought to show it off here before flipping it, relocating in a couple of months to the SF area for the sole purpose of a target rich picking environment. Honestly posting here to share and generate some interest but not for sale on the forum.

post-8058-0-49353000-1429016893.jpg

Great looking and rare a very neat bit of Vietnam War history.Scotty

Great looking and rare a very neat bit of Vietnam War history.Scotty

Thanks very much for saying so. It seems another significant bit of info is that my all time favorite, the first operational F-14A's were a part of it all based on this brief history I found on the net a minute ago.

In June 1973, CVW-14 became the first operational air wing to receive the F-14A Tomcat. In September 1974, CVW-14 deployed aboard USS Enterprise for its first peacetime deployment in ten years. On 29 April 1975, CVW-14 was again involved in Vietnam, providing support and air cover for the evacuation of U.S. personnel from South Vietnam during Operation Frequent Wind.

That is a super cool patch and very historic and well made.I have never seen one like this. It doesn't leave you guessing as what the patch is for like alot of other period theater made patches. Thanks for sharing.

Regards, Mitch

Yeah, very cool, the odd mixture of colors and weird looking bird thing, hating to move it along but it's up for auction if anyone is interested. Gotta lighten the load so I can move on to greener pastures.

Do you know what it went for? That is a sweet looking patch.

Yeah I'm gonna miss it. The winner was actually prepared to pay more before I listed but it couldn't have gone to a better home so I have no regrets,