Army Security Agency 313th RR BN Vietnam

Torch03

I posted that I was in need of a 40th ID and 5th RCT Korean War era patches for my father. I am also looking for a real Vietnam war made 313th RR BN patch as well. My father lost almost all of his war items in a fire and I am trying to locate some replacement pieces for him. The 313th RR BN patch had a bull dog that had a tigers tail in his mouth (If my memory serves me).

My father started out with 10th Corps in Korea and then was attached to the 40th Infantry Division in the "Punchbowl" until the end of hostilities. He hung around with a tank company of the 5th RCT that was also there with the 40th. The period he was in Korea was from July 1952 until November of 1953 (I think, I will have to try to dig out his old DD form for the exact dates.)

In Vietnam he was the Command Sergeant Major of the 313th RR Bn. Headquartered in Nha Trang and an integral part of IFFV.. 1st Field Force Vietnam 1970-1971 again will look up exact dates.

He had companies as part of his battalion in Chu Lai with the Americal Division, one in Bong Son with the 173ABN, one in An Khe with the 4th Infantry Division, one in Pleiku with scattered units and detachments all over MR2 that he visited at least once a month. He had detachments with ARVN divisions, with SF, 10th Cav etc., so he stayed pretty mobile. He was only in the battalion area proper about 10 days out of the month..The rest of the time he was on the road someplace..