L. F. & C. M1918 Mk. I Types/Variants as seen in H. M. Cole’s book IV, well… except for one:-(

militariaone

militariaone

Greetings All,

In this reference thread I will post some of the L. F. & C. M1918 Mk. I variants as shown in Cole, M. H. (1991). US Military Knives Bayonets & Machete Book IV. Birmingham, AL.: M. H. Cole. (Original work published 1990) as seen here http://www.amazon.com/U-S-Military-Knives-Bayonets-Machetes/dp/B002QA6646/ref=sr_1_3?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1388636227&sr=1-3&keywords=best+of+coles+us+military+knives for the forum member’s reference.

Due to limited space, these knives and one scabbard did not make it into the latest “Best of Cole’s” book as seen here http://www.amazon.com/Best-US-Military-Knives-Bayonets/dp/0972312609/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1388636227&sr=1-2&keywords=best+of+coles+us+military+knives

I don’t own one of the Henry Rosenthal advertising variants, but I have posted the applicable reference from Cole’s book (last reference page posted) so an owner of one may add their pictures to this thread if they choose to do so. These knives and scabbard are NFS, so no need to ask/inquire about purchasing them…thank you kindly for not doing so.

Regards,

Lance

post-31352-0-61589400-1388637758.jpg

militariaone

S T & A Knife. The forgeries of this knife are not as deeply engraved nor is the engraving as aligned as in Cole's book.

post-31352-0-71673400-1388637959.jpg

militariaone

ORD Knife's Picture. Different name on the knife than in Cole's book, but the same style of knife. Only difference is the diagonal arrangement of the owner's initials on the scabbard and the engraving on the back-strap of the handle.

post-31352-0-68895000-1388638349.jpg

militariaone

Background service details of the original owner.

ARMY SERIAL NUMBER

NAME

BROOKHOUSER#ROBERT#C

RESIDENCE: STATE

IOWA

RESIDENCE: COUNTY

WOODBURY

PLACE OF ENLISTMENT

FT CROOK NEBRASKA

DATE OF ENLISTMENT DAY

DATE OF ENLISTMENT MONTH

DATE OF ENLISTMENT YEAR

GRADE: ALPHA DESIGNATION

PVT#

GRADE: CODE

BRANCH: ALPHA DESIGNATION

ORD

Ordnance Department

BRANCH: CODE

Ordnance Department

EDUC. SPEC.

##

DEFER. DATE MONTH

DEFER. DATE YEAR

SOURCE OF ARMY PERSONNEL

Civil Life

NATIVITY

IOWA

YEAR OF BIRTH

RACE AND CITIZENSHIP

White, citizen

EDUCATION

4 years of high school

CIVILIAN OCCUPATION

General farmers

MARITAL STATUS

Single, without dependents

COMPONENT OF THE ARMY

Reserves - exclusive of Regular Army Reserve and Officers of the Officers Reserve Corps on active duty under the Thomason Act (Officers and Enlisted Men -- O.R.C. and E.R.C., and Nurses-Reserve Status)

militariaone

OD Web Scabbard as compared to the OD Web Lineman's Tool Carrier. I always wondered if the scabbard had been made from one of these. When you place them side by side, it's easy to see they are not that closely related.

post-31352-0-70129800-1388639151.jpg

militariaone

Henry Rosenthal Knife's reference, love to see yours if you cared to post it.

Hope you enjoyed the knives!

Regards,

Lance

post-31352-0-47586100-1388639364.jpg