Home Front Patches

ocsfollowme

• 2 weeks later...
firefighter

WOW!! I've never seen any of the son's in service or Gold Star Mother patches before.What is the pentagon shaped patch for? Great job putting that together.

ocsfollowme

Home front patches are still pretty cheap but they are going for higher prices than they were from 2005-2008 when they were real cheap. I have pretty much bought up all of them on ebay the past year but I am stopping now that my quilts are done...no longer have room on them. If you have home front patches, upload them here as I would LOVE to see different ones!!

• 3 weeks later...

WOW!! I've never seen any of the son's in service or Gold Star Mother patches before.What is the pentagon shaped patch for? Great job putting that together.

The pentagon shaped patch: About 5-6 years ago people were calling it a aircraft manufacturer patch ( I forget which company) when a string of them were being sold. Nowadays, a common consensus (though I do not think anyone has positively ID'd it) is that it is a sweetheart patch with the air force. With all that being said, you can pick one up on ebay every two to three months for about $12-15.

If anyone has more knowledge on it I would love to hear about it. I am by no means an experienced insignia collector.

This is a very impressive collection of Home Front memorabilia. An often overlooked area of militaria collecting. I think my favorite patch is the propeller and nose cone with the cannon. A Bell P-39 airacobra manufacturing plant patch perhaps??

Leigh

This is a very impressive collection of Home Front memorabilia. An often overlooked area of militaria collecting. I think my favorite patch is the propeller and nose cone with the cannon. A Bell P-39 airacobra manufacturing plant patch perhaps??

Leigh

About two months ago this was offered on ebay. First one that I had ever seen...I wanted to buy it but then I remembered that it was out of my collecting zone. I presume that this was given to all graduates of the mechanic school. It was a cardboard cutout with a stand. Such a COOL collectible. I think it went around the $75-85 range, but I am not sure if there was a last minute bidding war.

90567_orig.jpg

A wonderful collection...and such variety! I particularly like the aviation-themed patches (a few of which I actually have myself) Thanks for sharing them with us.

About two months ago this was offered on ebay. First one that I had ever seen...I wanted to buy it but then I remembered that it was out of my collecting zone. I presume that this was given to all graduates of the mechanic school. It was a cardboard cutout with a stand. Such a COOL collectible. I think it went around the $75-85 range, but I am not sure if there was a last minute bidding war.

90567_orig.jpg

Steve,

That is really a neat piece.

Thanks,

Leigh

3 more I recently acquired.

1508852_orig.jpg

Girl Scouts 1942 Civil Defense patch. Super rare.

2288497_orig.jpg

Rare 1940s Camp Fire Girls Victory patch

1418030_orig.jpg

• 2 months later...

Been a while since I posted some new ones.

819012_orig.jpg

I got the only one that I had ever seen on ebay. Anything with the "v for victory" I have to get.

9764609_orig.jpg

These are pretty common. Run $15-25 each. Always merrowed border.

7164222_orig.jpg

WW2 Boy Scout War Service tab. Hard to find, someone sold 3x for $15 each on ebay and I said, "oh boy!" Still about the $50 range. Military patch collectors haven't caught on yet. Haven't pinned it down to a year or if it was 1941-1945 yet.

8349109_orig.jpg

I have been collecting images on this. This is a ruptured duck that the major league players wore. There are two styles of this. Dark and this color. I have yet to get my hands on a dark one. The white comes in two construction types. More information to follow. This one I picked up from a sports memorabilia auction house for $120. I picked up another one of the same make for $5. And then I paid $18-30 for 3x 2nd edition versions that could be 1950s made. Some reason these still go pretty cheap.

These are great! The Wright Museum has a very large collection of homefront items but, as far as patches go, nothing like this! I'm fascinated by the High School Victory Corps. I didn't even know they existed 'till someone on this forum (probably you!) identified a tiny air service pin that I posted. Do you have a Beechcraft Bee patch? Those are neat. Thanks for posting and drawing my attention to this thread.