Navy pith helmet

SergeantMajorGray

SergeantMajorGray

I just bought this pith helmet on ebay to wear when I'm volunteering at the battleship I have to stand on the hot sunny deck :o

I see the top is a bit pushed in but it shouldn't be a problem is the emblem original?

post-104619-0-38641300-1374542033.jpg

SergeantMajorGray

The dent looks larger now that I bought it. Does anyone think it's possible to pop it out?

maybe you could try steaming the dent out? by boiling a pot of water and holding the helmet above the steam to soften it up enough so you can reshape it back to the original shape? then stuff the inside with newspapers or something to keep it's shape until it dries and hardens

SergeantMajorGray

maybe you could try steaming the dent out? by boiling a pot of water and holding the helmet above the steam to soften it up enough so you can reshape it back to the original shape? then stuff the inside with newspapers or something to keep it's shape until it dries and hardens

It says the seller accepts returns so I'm going see if i can get a refund before he ships it. I got to excited when i saw the headband was still attached and it had a cool emblem I didn't notice the dent. I bought this to wear so I think I need to look for one in better condition.