Just another room in the house

Ronnie

Armed to tha' teeth...as the saying goes! Superb collection. Congrats!

Ian :thumbsup:

Btw Sabre...if you do come, you had better bring one of those British Tornados cause if you come on foot just remember one thing...if you see the white pebbles...you're in range.

Thanks for the comments.

Most folks don't find a combo dial and bolt handle necessary to open their walk-in closets! ;)

Phenomenal collection! If you could post some more 'section' close-up photos it would be great; lots of weapons to individually admire there. Appears to be some very nice looking stag-handled knives you also have. Are they custom?

Thanks for sharing,

Don.

Most folks don't find a combo dial and bolt handle necessary to open their walk-in closets! ;)

Phenomenal collection! If you could post some more 'section' close-up photos it would be great; lots of weapons to individually admire there. Appears to be some very nice looking stag-handled knives you also have. Are they custom?

Thanks for sharing,

Don.

Don my other passion is collecting Randall Knives.

Will do some close ups although my close ups haven't been very good so far....will give it a shot.

Ronnie,

Looking forward to the additional photos! Take your time, you have a lot we can all appreciate.

I was wondering if those were Randalls.

Thanks.

Regards,

Don.

P.S. Just noticed the posted scale of that photo, and clicked the 'full view'. ...That's much better; d'oh! ;)

Can now see where his mark would be on those, in his 'usual spot'.

blitzkrieg gsd

Hello Ron i want to ask because i thought about seting up a room like yours with our collection. Do you have any problems with rust on your guns or do you have to wipe them down offen? Also since it looks like you are a serious randall collector i am looking for a #1 with saw back white stag bone handle with fingur groves in the grip. It has my dads name and service number ingraved in the blade it has probley been ground off by now but it was stolen in Kentucky about 20 years ago. I bet its floating around still somewhere i hope so anyway and not destroyed if you ever come across something like that please let me know. My father carried that randall on 2 tours in nam and i would love to get it back to him. If you ever see it or one that may be it please pm me there will be a reward for any info that will help return it to us. Thank you and nice collection i love your randalls and ww2 rifles.

Hello Ron i want to ask because i thought about seting up a room like yours with our collection. Do you have any problems with rust on your guns or do you have to wipe them down offen? Also since it looks like you are a serious randall collector i am looking for a #1 with saw back white stag bone handle with fingur groves in the grip. It has my dads name and service number ingraved in the blade it has probley been ground off by now but it was stolen in Kentucky about 20 years ago. I bet its floating around still somewhere i hope so anyway and not destroyed if you ever come across something like that please let me know. My father carried that randall on 2 tours in nam and i would love to get it back to him. If you ever see it or one that may be it please pm me there will be a reward for any info that will help return it to us. Thank you and nice collection i love your randalls and ww2 rifles.

There is a large de-humidifier in the vault but the guns are wiped down periodically.

What was your dad's name. Describe the mod 1 a little more specifically. I'm always chasing Randalls.

Sorry about your dad's knife being stolen. That would really be tough.

DavidBliss

Great rooms!! Love the BAR.

I have to ask - how did you reinforce the wall, floor and ceiling - and get a decent fire rating? Or is this in progress? I wanted to build a safe room/storage room but the cost was prohibitive to reinforce walls afloor and ceiling. (and too destructive - the wife wanted to kill me)

Great rooms!! Love the BAR.

I have to ask - how did you reinforce the wall, floor and ceiling - and get a decent fire rating? Or is this in progress? I wanted to build a safe room/storage room but the cost was prohibitive to reinforce walls afloor and ceiling. (and too destructive - the wife wanted to kill me)

The room is added to the house but is not really recognizable from the outside. Floors, walls, and ceiling are concrete reinforced with steel rebar. The floor is about 4 ft. Thick and walls are also very thick. There is a ventilation system to allow air in the vault. There is also a huge size dehumidifier. There is an alarm system in the house and also in the vault. The vault is hidden and anyone who visits this walk in closet does not know there is a vault just feet away from them. The room can also double as a safe room in the event of severe weather.

The room is added to the house... Floors, walls, and ceiling are concrete reinforced with steel rebar. The floor is about 4 ft. Thick and walls are also very thick. There is a ventilation system...
Ronnie,

I don't quite know what to make of this just yet! ... :unsure:

That's not a room it's a bunker!

"X"-board (fire-rated drywall) has it's place, but nothin' like a little concrete.

It sounds like a very well designed and built "room".

Regards,

Don.

DavidBliss

Very nice safe room. I'm envious!! But for now I'll have to just stick to gun safes and block walls in the basement.

Very nice safe room. I'm envious!! But for now I'll have to just stick to gun safes and block walls in the basement.

Unfortunately as you all know there are others who for some reason weren't raised like us. They want something for nothing. Many feel we owe it to them. They believe if they want something they can just take it. This makes it a little more difficult.

DavidBliss

Seeing it more and more each day in the news (If you know where to find the news anymore - certainly not on TV or in the papers).

Flash mobs of teens riobbing stores, gangs roaming the streets in some cities. No regard for human life let alone what someone has earned. They take take take. Its sad that this is the state of our country and the world.

Seeing it more and more each day in the news (If you know where to find the news anymore - certainly not on TV or in the papers).

Flash mobs of teens riobbing stores, gangs roaming the streets in some cities. No regard for human life let alone what someone has earned. They take take take. Its sad that this is the state of our country and the world.

Likely to get worse before it gets better Dave.

See you at the MAX?

Jack's Son

Obviously your an enthusiast with good taste and patients, a very functional and beautiful collection.!

You have every reason to be proud! :thumbsup:

DavidBliss

Its going to get a lot worse. And I'm not certain it will ever get better again.

But at least, in the end, they will have to fight us in the streets and not try to regulate us into submission from the shadows.

It breaks my heart to see what's happening to this country, especially since so many have given their all to defend it.

shrapneldude

That's a mighty nice safe room, and a phenomenal collection of weaponry. Well done!

All you need is a few big jugs of water and some MRE's and you're ready to survive the zombie apocalypse they tell me is imminent. :D

DavidBliss

Zombie apocalypse? Whens that coming? The sad part is, people actually believe Zombies are going to rise up! But I guess if it makes people prepare for disaster...then it has some (shudders) value.

I have mre's but more freeze dried. And water of course.

blitzkrieg gsd

The randall was a model 1 with the longest blade they offered it had a saw tooth back edge a white stag bone handell with finger groves in grip. Had a randall old style sheath with stone pocket and tie downs on the bottom. It has his name jerome Blair and his service number ingraved in the blade close to the hand guard. Also it has a brass but cap and brass hand guard the end cap has a lanyard loop in it. Any help finding this knife would be great and i will give you a reward for sure. Thanks in advance for just keeping your eyes open for it.

Awesome room, secure and very well hidden.

By the looks of it you have a;

A Herd of Colts

A Gaggle of Garands

and A Company of Carbines.

Thanks for sharing.