MIA-KIA Air Medal 90th BG - looking for the Purple Heart.

John Cooper

Hi all here is a very special AM to Jack J. Hennessey.

T/SGT Hennessey (raido operator) was part of the 400th BS - 90th BG. His plane "Hells Angles" was lost on 15 Aug 1943 @ 1400 midway between Buka and new Ireland. The AC was a B-24D AAF S\N 41-11903.

According to the seller there was a Purple Heart that was sold at some point before he obtained this medal. I hope to reunite these medals... If you have any info please let me know as it is a shame they have been split up.

Cheers

John

post-227-1295304044.jpg

Nice looking Air Medal; Was he lost on a combat mission or traveling within the Theater? If his A/C was not lost participating in a combat operation there may be no Purple Heart.

Regards

John

THANKS for the advice on the other thread.

Additionally according to the Missing Aircraft Report this was an armed recon mission with 11 men aboard.

According to the gentlemen I bought this from the lady that sold it to him confirmed the presence of the Purple Heart and a large framed photo and two condolence letters. I really would like to see them all back together even if i am not the one who can do it. I really feel these items should never be apart and should be preserved.

Cheers

John

I think it was because they were sold at different times or someone lost one of the bids.... who knows.

BTW I have scans of as photo of the letters and the framed photo... oh to have them and the PH.

John