TWILIGHT ZONE WWII story "A QUALITY of MERCY"

BOLO

I'll kiss yo a.. if that RTO ain't wearin a 'D' Bail, who looks a lot like Leonard Nimoy.

yes, thats Leonard Nimoy, I didnt notice he had a D bail until I watched it again :thumbsup:

post-1885-1291863056.jpg

There was another Twilight Zone episode that showed a soldier being able to see death on his friends faces. The soldier at the end was shown the same death in his face through a mirror. Of course death followed him as well.

The Twilight Zone is my all time favorite show and there are several excellent military episodes, with a few focusing on the US Army in the Phillipines which is where Rod Serling saw his combat. The other episode mentioned is "The Purple Testament" in which the Lt. can forded death on his soldiers faces. I haven't seen it in a while but i believe the soldiers were wearing 1st pattern HBTs and other period equipment.

Most of the episodes can be viewed online, and military ones to look for are:

In praise of pip (the first mention of the vietnam war on television)

An occurrence at owl creek bridge

The 7th is made up of phantoms

The Last Flight

The thirty fathom grave

Changing of the guard

Still Valley

Deaths Head Revisited

They are all worth checking out, and several other episodes mention the military or have themes related to Hitler along with many space episodes using military gear.

Another Twight light zone episode.How about "King nine will not return" with Bob Crane. A b-25 lost in the desert a pilot missed the mission. The twight zone was great series.

King Nine will not return was based on the B-24 "Lady Be Good" found in the 60's by an oil crew in the Lybian desert. Also a book by that name about the find.

Rick

• 1 month later...
francophile50

"King Nine will not return" actually starred Robert "Bob" Cummings who during WWII was registered as the very first flight instructor for the U.S. Army. Scott

There was another Twilight Zone episode that showed a soldier being able to see death on his friends faces. The soldier at the end was shown the same death in his face through a mirror. Of course death followed him as well.

Yes, "The Purple Testament".

Now I see it was mentioned below.