Salvage Uniforms PART 2

Got da Penny

Ok, i went out last night and spent 3 hours digging thru the "PILE" of uniforms and i have 2 pair of pants in GREAT shape and this is the pile I had to do my surgery on.

Also cut off a few pairs of Collar Hooks ..... Both Sides.

Some pictures for your viewing pleasure.

PS, I had visions ALL NIGHT, of cutting patches off of the uniforms ... Dead Serious.

and yes, it kept me awake.

post-633-1288920008.jpg

post-633-1288920020.jpg

I did see a 2nd Inf Div uni and a few more 3rd army uniforms. plus some other scarce patches.

The best one i have so far is an 82nd AA full uniform with "moth damage" and one with Air Force / wing collar discs.

will post pics when i get it cleaned up.

Carey

I wish you wouldn't post this... what a shame....

To all collectors: If you have so much in your collection that you can't take care of it, do everyone a favor and move it on to someone else!

If you have so much in your collection that you can't take care of it, do everyone a favor and move it on to someone else!

Did you ever hear of "Hoarders" ?? This guy has alot of Items, and i have actually taken home Fighting knives with "Mildew" on the leather grips and scabbards ---- cleaned them up ---- and sold them on eBay for him. ((This was something i couldn't stand to look at, either.)) :crying:

Did I see these patches and buttons on Ebay? If so I may be interested in some that didn't sell.

Yes you did, There has been an overwhelming response to items selling. Not much that didn't sell.

Carey

Oh mate... where hell you find those poor uniform :( it's really sad see how they are reduced...

Any chance to find some good blue dress uniform ? :D

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings,

The question has already been asked but I will again: Where did you find these uniforms?

What a shame.....but glad you were able to save something.

Best,

Peter

Greetings,

The question has already been asked but I will again: Where did you find these uniforms?

What a shame.....but glad you were able to save something.

Best,

Peter

Hi Carey, you should post a link to your original thread when you found these uniforms to answer all the questions for people who just found this thread and dont know the story!...great salvage job by the way!!.....mike