Sabrejet wanted me to add some shoes to his topic---

General Apathy

General Apathy

post-344-1283282439.jpg

Hi Forum Members & Readers, I was contacted by forum member ' Sabrejet ' ( Ian ) asking if I wanted to add some footwear to the topic he started on WWII leggings and footwear entitled ' Feet don't fail me now!, Service shoe/legging combinations, WW2 ' and can be seen at the link here. ;)

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/ind...c=85513&hl=

I resisted for three days saying to Ian that I was really pushed on jobs that needed doing and short on time to go looking in my storage for shoes and boots. Well I relented this morning and went looking through my shoebox under the bed but not really coming up with anything very easily or quickly. :blink:

It was then that I was distracted by this item and the thought ' don't think I have seen one of these posted on the forum so far '. :think:

So here and the following three photo's is what I found in place of the shoes I was looking for, anyone else have one.

ken

General Apathy

Cont ..........................

The table in standing position, it measures 34 x 20 inches table surface and stands 35 inches high.

No it's not an army coffee table. :think:

ken

post-344-1283282908.jpg

craig_pickrall

Is that the table you dance on when you have had one to many of those 2 quart gin drinks that you make?

General Apathy

post-344-1283283204.jpg

Cont .............................

The identification plate.

Stand, Crew Chiefs, Maintenance A-2

Superior Sleeprite Corp.

Property U.S. Army Airforces

ken

General Apathy
Is that the table you dance on when you have had one to many of those 2 quart gin drinks that you make?

Craig, you know me so well

ken

Hi Ken....thanks for the name check and shameless plug! No boots then? Never mind! As for the mystery object, it's obviously a USAAF-issue wallpapering table! And is that a Barrow, Wheel, Type 1 I see in the background?!

Ian ;)

General Apathy
post-344-1283283204.jpg

Cont .............................

The identification plate.

Stand, Crew Chiefs, Maintenance A-2

Superior Sleeprite Corp.

Property U.S. Army Airforces

ken

Apologies I should have explained that these types of tables ( Maintenance A-2 ) were set up alongside aircraft being maintained or repaired from flak damage, the table stands at a working height when rebuilding parts from the aircraft or machine guns etc. ;)

ken

General Apathy
Hi Ken....thanks for the name check and shameless plug! No boots then? Never mind! As for the mystery object, it's obviously a USAAF-issue wallpapering table! And is that a Barrow, Wheel, Type 1 I see in the background?!

Ian ;)

Hi Ian, actually it's ' Barrow, Wheeled, Type I, Winter fuel, Burning '

Had this table for years and I think it's only ever been set up once at a USAAF living history display friends and I did

ken