Jon Seda's jacket (John Basilone) from 'The Pacific'

Corpsmancollector

Corpsmancollector

Hey everyone,

Well, it's here! I bought (one of) Jon Seda's jackets from 'The Pacific' who plays marine John Basilone. And well, I'm very pleased with it! The jacket is a reproduction and is production stage 1 'distressed'. It matches up very well to an original P41 and the correct weight. I'm led to believe that this particular jacket was used when John Basilone is training fellow marines in one of the later episodes.

I'd also like to add that the The Propstore's customer service is exceptionally good. Shipping was a little high to the UK, but definitely worth it.

post-5339-1272228089.jpg

Nice!! I know these are props, and repros created for the production, but, they have a history of their own that I think fit in fine with original items. Adds nicely for display purposes me thinks.

With one caveat, that they are marked as such for future reference. Hate to see what most others fear, that they will be passed on as originals down the road.

Corpsmancollector

Absolutely Hoovie. I didn't mind paying the price for this one as it does have a history of it's own and especially as Jon Seda played Basilone! It displays very well with original items too :)

Besides 'basilone' written in the collar of the jacket, I could not see any other markings.

Glad you like the shirt!

Mods, would this be better placed in the reproduction forum?

Corpsmancollector
I think this should fit the Reenactors forum better.

Thanks ccmax. If you can, please move it to the appropriate forum.

Will

Corpsmancollector
They used an original USMC .45 pouch. Very nice.

Apologies for any confusion. Just the P41 jacket and under shirt came from 'The Pacific'. The web gear, Ka-Bar and M1 helmet are from my personal collection and are all original.

Will

Corpsmancollector
Corps

782 gear for some leading characters was real.

owen

Hey O,

Yeah I thought some of the packs were original from the pictures on The Propstore. Did you say that Chesty's dress jacket was too?

Hi Corps,

Here is one I ordered a few days ago, but I am paying off.

It is one of John Basilone / John Seda's HBT's with the UNIS Tac Marking on the chest.

I think this one will be from Basilone's return to the Division, and by the non-distressed condition, probably from the

departure for Iwo Jima in one of the final episodes.

Rob NZ

post-3300-1272330128.jpeg

post-3300-1272330168.jpeg

Corpsmancollector

Hey Robin,

That's a sweet shirt! I saw that one too and really liked it. Especially with the UNIS markings on the chest and the green undershirt.

Good score!

Corpsmancollector
Very cool, where do you get these from? The props I mean

The Propstore has a number of uniforms and props currently for sale:

www.propstore.com

:thumbsup:

thanks guys,

they arent cheap, i have a few original USMC WW2 mannequins, but thought it would be nice to have one from the show,

i wish i could afford a full head to toe screen worn set up, but its too expensive for me

rob nz

Corpsmancollector
thanks guys,

they arent cheap, i have a few original USMC WW2 mannequins, but thought it would be nice to have one from the show,

i wish i could afford a full head to toe screen worn set up, but its too expensive for me

rob nz

You're quite right Rob. The full 'hero' costumes are particularly pricey and you could probably buy an all original outfit for the same price. However, in 5 years time the gear from the show will be just as collectable ;)

Very nice!!! :thumbsup:

I have a vietnam jacket that was used for the actor Robert De Niro in the 'Jacknife' (1989) movie.

Regards,

Ricardo.

Corpsmancollector
Very nice!!! :thumbsup:

I have a vietnam jacket that was used for the actor Robert De Niro in the 'Jacknife' (1989) movie.

Regards,

Ricardo.

Same to you Ricardo, would love that beauty! :thumbsup:

I am super thrilled, Its my birthday today, i turned 28,

Well, my family chipped in today and ordered me this one on top of the one I ordered,

The screen worn HBT Shirt, Trousers, Belt (not pictured) and Helmet Cover

from Episode 7 on Peleliu, worn by Captain Andrew 'Ack Ack' Haldane

(actor Scott Gibson)

I am chuffed!

post-3300-1272385537.jpg

I am super thrilled, Its my birthday today, i turned 28,

Well, my family chipped in today and ordered me this one on top of the one I ordered,

The screen worn HBT Shirt, Trousers, Belt (not pictured) and Helmet Cover

from Episode 7 on Peleliu, worn by Captain Andrew 'Ack Ack' Haldane

(actor Scott Gibson)

I am chuffed!

Congratulations! :thumbsup:

Happy birthday!

Just curious,what does "chuffed" mean?