What's your favorite camo?

ABrangerjoe

Hi All

Since this is a US patterns only poll we dont have many to choose from .

My choice is from the US Army tests of 1941 conducted in FT Belvoir project SP 300 .

5 patterns were tested .

I choose pattern E .

owen .

I already voted for WWII USMC....but my second choice is Mitchell pattern!......mike

post-350-1258593941.jpg

I do like the Mitchell pattern myself as well! ;)

Hi All

Since this is a US patterns only poll we dont have many to choose from .

My choice is from the US Army tests of 1941 conducted in FT Belvoir project SP 300 .

5 patterns were tested .

I choose pattern E .

owen .

OWEN.....!!!!!!!!

Ft. Belvoir was where the Camo-to-O.D. Suits were tested. ;)

I almost asked if you had any pics of the other patterns, but I guess they'd be up already if you did...?

Flage ,

I do have the pictures , but here is the thing .

It took me years to find that report ..

It would be nice if another member even cared what pattern E was .

Time to do some work and not have everything given .

It was great to see you at the show .

Your set is something special , a true treat to the eyes .

Let me know when you want to get rid of it .

owen

vintageproductions
Tiger is not US .

Okay, who or what has possessed Kammo-Man? Something is definately not right with him this evening if he is disagreeing with Tiger Stripes being the best camo.

Plus, if it is not US why does this forum have the greatest Tiger Stripe reference thread known to mankind on it? Heck, it is better then all the published works on the subject, put together, that is available to collectors.

Tigers are pretty BA even though they're not US- but I guess I should have said US and US-used camo patterns.

I wish I had some tigers, you guys have the best ones I've ever seen! :thumbsup:

I would have to say tiger stripes or mitchell pattern are my favorite. It was at least expiremented with and theres a US produced expiremental TS poncho on vietnamgear.com.

• 1 month later...

I always liked the old Vietnam era tiger stripes. followed by the Nam era camo jungle utilities. The tigers were the first camo utilities issued to me in Nam. They were quite effective in the bush and you could actually be moving very slowly and they seemed to be concealed well. The jungle camo was also pretty good until it faded out.

In the top pic, my friend Ron Kitzke (center) is wearing a set of tigers that he got from the local Vietnamese shop. Earp (right) and I (left) are both wearing versions of the camo jungle utilities. Mine are straight issue while Earp also bought his (with tuck-in shirt) from the local Vietnamese tailor/barber/souvenir/skivvie house/shop.

In the bottom shot, I am wearing my other set of camo jungle utilities. This set is like the one that Earp is wearing in the top short with a shirt-style top. We liked the tuck-in shirt as it helped keep the bugs and leeches out. Most of the time we wore the issue trousers (when we could get them) with the Viet-procured shirt because the Viets frequently sewed them together with crappy thread and the seams would give way. I learned that the hard way first time I wore the Viet-made trousers in the field and the inner leg seam ended up splitting from knee to crotch and partway to the other knee.

post-1107-1261522653.jpg

post-1107-1261522663.jpg