UNBELIEVABLE...! a seldom seen set of collar EGA's for the patrol jacket

teufelhunde.ret

teufelhunde.ret

Unbelievable group of 30 EGA's in singles and pairs being sold tonight. Here is the sellers page: http://shop.ebay.com/1sgbrett/m.html?_nkw=...from=&_ipg= and some are downright rare. Posting some of these for discussion and eventual use in our reference area. Here is a pair that I would term as being "rare" - a word I am inclined to use ever so little. These patrol jacket emblem from these overall appearance, were likely not jeweler made, but I have no idea or knowledge of how they were produced While one does have "issues" (broken prong) I see it as no less desirable as these can be corrected. s/f Darrell

_B_NJyww_mk___KGrHgoOKkYEjlLm_TDiBKqZzw1wRw___12.jpg _B_NJzUg_2k___KGrHgoOKkYEjlLm_TDiBKqZzztJ6Q___12.jpg

Gen_Little_1903___collar_emblem.jpg

the differences here...shininess, and the back casting makes me wonder if they are original or quality repops?

from the B Manifor collection...

post_1737_1190010649.jpg

post_1737_1190015123.jpg

CONGRAT'S to Brian Manifor...! They are indeed magnificant and I believe you won an exceptionally undervalued price as well. s/f Darrell

for anyone who did not see the auction: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=200382715459

Thanks for the kind words. I believe they are real, but close "in person" examination is the true test. I think that I got that them for a good price. I have a Span Am Brevet Medal Medal recipient P1875 patrol coat that they can hopefully go on someday. The coat belonged to Capt Kelton, who was with Huntington's Battalion at Guantanamo Bay. I purchased one other EGA tonight that has some issues, but we will see how severe in person. All I know is that this guy scored when he found them at the "gun show" all together.

Brian

teufelhunde.ret
Bro, you know who's collection they would be in if I was on top of my game and not playing in the sand box?

True Mike - but you came in a good second :pinch: on the "best in show" emblem.... can't win them all. s/f Darrell

Congrats on your new purchase, I agree with you it was a good price. You and your brother are a hard group to bid against.

All the best and Semper Fi.

Ronnie

• 2 years later...

The second of three final pre-deployment purchases. Nothing new, we've seen at least a set and a half of this very style discussed here on the forum, but a rather desirable emblem nonetheless. Sadly, a broken prong

101_0929.JPG