Early Unmarked Gemsco Officer Dress Emblem

Brig

Just got this in...poorly photographed on eBay and got for a good deal. Pinback, unmarked Gemsco style. Due to the pattern on the globe, I think this is late 1920s or early 1930s. Any second opinions? a rather light weight piece leads me to believe it was made thinner than it's earlier/later counterparts due to the Depression

Unmarked_Gemsco_Front.JPG

Unmarked_Gemsco_Rear.JPG

teufelhunde.ret

Indeed a Gemsco pattern - made by the or others who bought a die? Actually I'm inclined to think mid 20's or maybe a bit earlier, as makers began to transition from hand done fret work on the globe, to hand "tool" done fret work exhibited on this one. Also, the "C" clip retainer for the pin was more prominent in early 20's, again as they transitioned to locking clips. A well preserved example! s/f Darrell

These went for 115 buy it now. When I bookmarked it to watch, I swear that option wasn't there. pinch.gifcrying.gif

_BQTz62_BGk___KGrHgoH_EYEjlLl2qfnBJ4N9C1g1____12.jpg

95b1_12.jpg

These went for 115 buy it now. When I bookmarked it to watch, I swear that option wasn't there. pinch.gifcrying.gif

Someone may have made a BUY IT NOW offer and the seller went in and changed the selling method? I've seen that happen before.

That would make the argument that I use, bid early, and up to what you are willing to pay. Instead of waiting for the last minute to false indication there is no intrest. Thats my stratagy. It helps to prevent early sales somewhat.

just my 2 1/2 cents, Dave

teufelhunde.ret

You have got to get up earlier on Sunday's - they are on the way to my CP :D

I have a choice vulgar name for you, haha. actually, I usually wait until the last 24 hours, don't keep rechecking the watches