doyler FINDS

doyler

Picked these items up at a local auction last weekend.I believe the two ash trays are theatre made pieces and were cast while overseas as souvenirs.The K-ration is the Breakfast type and made by Wrigleys.It has swelled a little as I assume the tin inside had begun to leak years ago.It is stll sealed and since I know the auctioneer I had him put it in a locked show case so it wouldnt be opened.

The ash trays are from the 601st and 301st ordnance.

You would be surprised at the times I have seen people tear them open only for the fact they know there are cigaretts in there.I had to ask to older gentlemen last year not to open them as a collector prefers them thids way.They said they had no intention of buying them...they were looking for the smokes.

post-342-1217705080.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I found several pieces at the show in Iola last week.This wooden practice shell was one of them.I arrived on Thursday afternoon and was there till Sunday.I was surprised this was still for sale on Sunday morning.I gave $15 for it.

I was able to buy several 4 uniforms,two pieces of WW2 trench art made from german 88 caseings,one was from the 34th Division and the other the 85th.Both were made in Italy.Also a mint Nam era para helmet liner on sunday morning for $20,Army Air Corps flack vest for $100 from a walk through,several sets of mint marine corps leggings,some modern items to include gasmasks,boots,flight suit with Peace keepers patch on shoulder,viet Nam era USMC pistol belt with the snaps all around for the single pocket M14 mag pouches and some other items.Will post when I can and some will be for sale.Thanks for looking

RON

post-342-1218862460.jpg