ARVN Airborne Windproof camo Flight Suit

Copran

Hello,

I bought this flight suit few days ago and received it today, it s an amazing K2B local flight suit made from the 1st pattern Pink camo. Usually this camo is made for ARVN Airborne or LLDB uniforms and worn during the beginning of the war, it s a first time I got in flight suit.

Size is quite small (probabaly Asian medium), all the zippers are from YKK brand. The only patches are ARVN Airborne SSI and the jump wing. I think this suit was worn by a rigger or US Advisor, if you have pics, please post them.

If some of you have the french documentary video " the secret images of the Vietnam war" by Daniel Costell, you can barely see one Seawolf gunner wearing it during the 1968 Tet offensive (in the 2nd volume).

Cheers

post-1523-1213733695.jpg

post-1523-1213733707.jpg

That is about as rare as things can be. It's hard enough to find a smock in that pattern. Neat item!

Close up of the pockets

HI COPRAN I CANT CALL YOU DAVID HAMILTON FOR THE BAD PICS THAT YOU POST

BUT REALLY DESIRABLE FLIGHT SUIT, IS IT FOR MY BIRTHDAY

J

Hello,

Can't make good pics at night with my camera, will try this weekend with sun light. I think your birthday had passed, must wait until next year to think about it :P

HI COPRAN I CANT CALL YOU DAVID HAMILTON FOR THE BAD PICS THAT YOU POST

BUT REALLY DESIRABLE FLIGHT SUIT, IS IT FOR MY BIRTHDAY

J

Front,

Too much requests for brithday gifts there :D. I'm afraid to create jalousy inside the french collectors comunnity so I'd better give it to none of you.

post-1523-1213823525.jpg

Front,

Too much requests for brithday gifts there :D. I'm afraid to create jalousy inside the french collectors comunnity so I'd better give it to none of you.

BUT DONT FORGOT I KNOW WERE YOU LIVE MAMASAN devil.gifdevil.gifdevil.gif

BUT DONT FORGOT I KNOW WERE YOU LIVE MAMASAN devil.gifdevil.gifdevil.gif

Because of all the danger to the flight suit if it is kept in France, I propose that it should be safe guarded in out side the country w00t.gif

I'll be a good mate and volunteer to look after it for you Copran. thumbsup.gif

nguoi tien su

ARGH !!!! Copran, I've just discover this thread! Really nice suit you have found !!! drool2.gif

I will post a photo I bought a few years ago of a guy wearing the same type of suit.

NTS

nguoi tien su

Anh oi,

This is the photo I was talking about.

combar10.jpg

This is part of a few photos taken in a LLDB camp (maybe training camp). Note the LLDB para wings and the Lt Rank. On the other photos, the guys are wearing HALO helmets, showing off with Karl Gustav etc.

Anyway, I am really green with envy...

NTS

Hello NTS,

Very nice pic, so it means that this flight suit was only worn by some elite ARVN units except AIRFORCE (who wear black dyed K2B ) ?

If other members of this forum have photos, please share.

Thanks a lot

Anh oi,

This is the photo I was talking about.

combar10.jpg

This is part of a few photos taken in a LLDB camp (maybe training camp). Note the LLDB para wings and the Lt Rank. On the other photos, the guys are wearing HALO helmets, showing off with Karl Gustav etc.

Anyway, I am really green with envy...

NTS

• 2 months later...
  • 4 years later...
TrenchfootJoe66

Amazing stuff... Looks the para standing to the right has a fully zipperd front on his jacket. Or is that a one piece jumpsuit ?