E-Bay GREEN DEVILS Ike

36-tex

You armored collectors need to see this one! Awesome, but I am poor!

rare-WW2 IKE JACKET-ID'D-PLASTIC THEATER DI PIN PLUS-nr

GREEN DEVILS,2 PC.CIB,RUPTURED DUCK,1ST & 12TH PATCHES Item number: 110235942704

Could be ok, but I don't like it too much.

A bit overdressed???

Combat leader, rare tab, rare DIUs, etc.

Seems to have been in the Armored Infantry judging from the collar disc and the CIB.

I tend to go for the more "common" Ike jackets (not so "dressed up") myself unless I have 100% proof.

Erwin

I guess I am a bit too suspicious ..... I wonder why .... think.gif:dry:

Erwin

Mate, it’s always better to be too suspicious or cautious than to walk blindly head long into trouble. thumbsup.gif

When I said I thought it would go for a bit, I didn't pass judgement on it originality, I was saying that it has all the makings of something that collectors would really go for. think.gif

IMHO it the Ike jacket is original, but it has too many of those high demand items attached to it. Combat leader's tabs, two piece Combat Infantry badge and Plastic DI etc. ermm.gif

They could very well be add-ons.

I agree.It will bring a fair amount in the end.with out seeing it first hand its a toss up but I like it.I think the combat leader stripes are consistant to what I have on a 45th division jacket.It does have a lot of insignia appeal but I have seen jackets with more and with less.Just my thoughts.

RON

Two things about this jacket bother me.

1. What is the Green Devils tab?

2. If this is the Donald Holben I've been researching, he won two Bronze Stars. Where are they? Unless he lied to friends about it. But I doubt it.

Curious.....

But then, there are a few things I do like. The 6th AI on the pocket flap is nice.

A BEAUTIFUL ORIGINAL WW2 "IKE" JACKET IN EXCELLENT AS FOUND CRISP CONDITION - PA ESTATE PURCHASE-FIRST TIME OFFERING....SIZE 38S. ID'D INSIDE - "HOLDEN" # H-8552..STAFF SERGEANT..NICE 1ST AND 12TH ARMORED BATTALION PATCHES WITH GREEN DEVILS...RARE PLASTIC THEATER MADE DISTINGISHED INSIGNIA PIN IN EXCELLENT CONDITION-UNMARKED AND ALSO THEATER MADE-2 PIECE CIB COMBAT INFANTRY BADGE STAMPPED STERLING-NO OTHER MARKS(SEE PHOTO)...ALSO TWO DI PAINTED METAL PINS ON COLLARS.......EXCELLENT CONDITION, ONLY SEE 2 TINY PIN HEAD SIZE HOLES IN BOTTOM OF RIGHT SLEEVE BARELY NOTICEABLE AND SOME LIGHT FOXING SPOTS ON INSIDE LINER-SEE PHOTOS...ONE OF THE BEST DECORATED IKE JACKETS IVE HAD TO OFFER IN 35 YEARS.. BUYING AS PHOTOED....sold no reserve...

post-78-1206781539.jpg

post-78-1206781561.jpg

post-78-1206782557.jpg

post-78-1206782592.jpg

post-78-1206782626.jpg

post-78-1206782678.jpg