Musette Bags M1921 - M1936

craig_pickrall

craig_pickrall

M1921 Model and the last version of the M1936 with the equipment hanger added. This was replaced by the M1944 Pack System.

post-5-1168625872.jpg

craig_pickrall

The one on the left side is 1941. That is just a few of the ones I have. For every type bag that used those straps I have some straps in the box too. They are spread all over the place. I expect I have 50 or more of them. I doubt if any are earlier than that 41 though.

I would like to ask when equipment hanger in late war M1936 entered manufacturing and service? In 1945 or 1944? Did anybody see such a musette bag dated 1944?

Has anyone actually got a picture in WW2 of one of these M1936 late style musettes being used or were they a strictly Post WW2/Korea item?

I often see the later M1936 style musette bags in my flea market and militaria finds, but I can't say I've ever seen or heard of the earlier M1921 variety. Excellent display!

Could you get some close shots of the interior of the M1921 musette bag? I would appreciate having a better look so I know what to see in the future.

In the book on the Liberation Of Czechoslovakia I have which starts in March 1945 and Ends in July 1945, I have checked cover to cover and can't find any pictures of the "tabbed" M1936.

Hence the question

craig_pickrall
I would like to ask when equipment hanger in late war M1936 entered manufacturing and service, in 1945 or 1944? Did anybody see such a musette bag dated 1944?

One of those I posted is 1944 and two of them are 1945.

craig_pickrall
Could you get some close shots of the interior of the M1921 musette bag? I would appreciate having a better look so I know what to see in the future.

The inside looks just like all of the others shown. No internal differences.

• 4 weeks later...

NOTE: This auction closed without anyone capturing pics of the Musette Bag in question. However, further down in this thread is a set of pics for a similar bag.

On Ebay, right or wrong guys and girls?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...s_promot_widget

Lets await the frenzy if this is legit.

Your thoughts please gents.

Greg Robinson

You've heard me talk about the canvas bag I saw at a shop in 1998. I'd just purchased my Raider Stiletto and saw this military bag (could have been a musette bag but can't say for sure). But what I saw had the typical black inkstamped markings: "USMC / 1943 / MADE IN AUSTRALIA". And the markings were faded enough so I didn't see them as done yesterday but not like done by bubba with a felt tip pen like that specimen on ebay. I screwed up not buying it back then when I could have gotten it cheaply.

I guess you figured out from my comments above that I'm not impressed with that bag on ebay. The markings are just too bogus looking to suit me. It's the sort of item which, if you bought it, would always have you wondering if you made a mistake. I'm getting old, don't need more stress in my life.

General Apathy

Take another look at the Australian musette bag, the small side pocket is on the right-hand side where normally it is on the left for musette's. I have seen this before on very rare occasions with U.S. made ones. You normally see them on the right for a M-43 /44 pack as the bayonet fits on the left and the pocket is in the way behind the bayonet. I think mentioning it on the forum has jinxed it, there has not been one bid so far.