Need help on pilot wing

hirsca

Picked this up today. I am not a collector of wings, but for $2, I bought it. It is stamped and very shiney, like chrome plating. On the reverse, stamped upside down, I can make out: 1/20-10KT and below that is stamped: EPT FITTINGS. The E is very weak like there may have been letters in front of the E. I looked through my list of makers' hallmarks and did not find anything with the word FITTINGS in it. And why would the wing be in a silver color if it is marked 1/20-10KT? Cheap repro? Any help is much appreciated. Thanks, Al Hirschler in Dallas.

post-12790-1305334633.jpg

post-12790-1305334649.jpg

John Cooper

The EPT part is actually 1/20 10KT except fittings. From a very quick look is appears to be a good wing (simular to a SMILO) although it is hard to tell when it was made. Maybe some more photos in natural like to reduce the reflection would help.

BTW for $2 how can you go wrong?

Cheers

John

The EPT part is actually 1/20 10KT except fittings. From a very quick look is appears to be a good wing (simular to a SMILO) although it is hard to tell when it was made. Maybe some more photos in natural like to reduce the reflection would help.

BTW for $2 how can you go wrong?

Cheers

John

John Cooper--thanks much. I will post better pics tomorrow using natural light.

John Cooper

I posted a wing recently and I thik Paul C did a few as well that all are stamped the same way. The reverse of mine looking like it was gold plated at one time. I still do not know why.

Cheers

John

John Cooper---here are pics taken in natural light. I haven't yet removed the magic marker price from the reverse. Any further info is much appreciated. Thanks, Al Hirschler in Dallas.

post-12790-1305374307.jpg

post-12790-1305374324.jpg

LuftStalg1

That’s right John. And I had also posted my pin back Navigator wing with this marking but mine seems to be Brass with this shiny plating on it. I like the more detail feathers on this one. And like John said for $2 you can’t go wrong! :thumbsup:

I posted a wing recently and I thik Paul C did a few as well that all are stamped the same way. The reverse of mine looking like it was gold plated at one time. I still do not know why.

Cheers

John