Does anyone recognize these?

vintageproductions

vintageproductions

A buddy of mine came by the shop today to show me some new stuff he had bought and these three patches were there. The winged telephone pole or cross of Lorraine is flocked on felt and came out of a WWII patch collection he bought. The dragon is fully machine embroidered and came in with a different group of stuff he bought. He was hoping I might recognize them but I am drawing a blank also.

Does anyone recognize any of these?

larrys.jpg

Johnny Signor

The "Dragon" is the 33rd Bombardment Squadrom (Medium) 1950's I think . The other two I think are aviation Communications types, that is Telephone posts.

Johnny

A buddy of mine came by the shop today to show me some new stuff he had bought and these three patches were there. The winged telephone pole or cross of Lorraine is flocked on felt and came out of a WWII patch collection he bought. The dragon is fully machine embroidered and came in with a different group of stuff he bought. He was hoping I might recognize them but I am drawing a blank also.

Does anyone recognize any of these?

post-492-1296364894.jpg

Hi Bob,

I first found the top left patch about 3 years ago and showed it to Col Kyle. He was very interested in it once we figured out that besides the colors being correct for signal corp and the telephone poles with the glass insulator knobs on top. The kicker was the wings when we finally realized that the objects at the base of the wings were ears! This really got the Col going because it might mean some type of message intercept unit. I traded mine to the Col but to this date do not believe he has a designation. It is not easy to find a trade item for the Col for something he wants since his collection is just out of this world. But we made the trade and was able to find another of these patches. So far with yours today I know of 3. Hope this helps alittle. Mort

vintageproductions

Mort-It is always good for someone to find something the good Col. needs or wants, the trading is always great.

Mort-It is always good for someone to find something the good Col. needs or wants, the trading is always great.

Bob I was very fortunate to have something he wanted and likewise for me he had something I was looking for ,which was the patch for the 813th Tank Destroyer. Was only the second I had ever seen. Mort

I have a question about the 33BG(M) insignia.

The approval date for the authorized emblem of this squadron

was 10 Apr 41, (as per attachment) with no apparent changes through 1982.

What would have been the time frame for the particular design variation

as depicted in this posting?

Bob

post-6249-1296576685.jpg

Johnny Signor

It started out as a BS(M) then went to heavy then back to (M) in 1948 , don't have anything on when it/if it changed back to a (M) or (H) after that date .

Johnny

It started out as a BS(M) then went to heavy then back to (M) in 1948 , don't have anything on when it/if it changed back to a (M) or (H) after that date .

Johnny

Right you are Johnny.

I am aware of the brief change of designations for the 33dBS,

but can't find anything regarding a change (or modification) to

the outfits original insignia.

Anything in your files that might indicate that the posted emblem

was developed during this transition period?

Bob

Johnny Signor

Sorry Bob, I only found the copy I have from the usafpatches.com site , or I wouldn't have known about it either , would suggest you contact thier Group web page if they have one and see if thye could assist . I would assume it was drawn up sometime after the 1948 redez and probably used during Korea or shortly thereafter .

Johnny

Johnny Signor
Hi Bob,

I first found the top left patch about 3 years ago and showed it to Col Kyle. He was very interested in it once we figured out that besides the colors being correct for signal corp and the telephone poles with the glass insulator knobs on top. The kicker was the wings when we finally realized that the objects at the base of the wings were ears! This really got the Col going because it might mean some type of message intercept unit. I traded mine to the Col but to this date do not believe he has a designation. It is not easy to find a trade item for the Col for something he wants since his collection is just out of this world. But we made the trade and was able to find another of these patches. So far with yours today I know of 3. Hope this helps alittle. Mort

To me the yellow/blue emblem with the wings looks more like a birds head tilted downward with the beak against the lower part of the body.

Johnny