Airborne Ike 101st/82nd

Troy13

I have to agree with Schottzie and the rest. I find in collecting (especially if you should decide to pass it on someday which I am sure we all will, whether it be by choice or not) that it is best to collect items where there is NO questions like this. If it is put together or a chance that it is, I just pass on it. I think most people do. Questions lower the value. The only way I would even buy something like this is I get it DIRECT from the vet and he tells me the reason he added something or how it got that way.

Just my 2 cents.

Hi,

I have one 7th AAF Ike jacket with CIB on right flap pocket...and no Air Crew Wings or Air Medals ... maybe a ground personnel with some infantry combat experiences (transfer from Infantry or observation job).

All is possible in the WAR... thumbsup.gif

Best regards,

Ricardo.

Ricardo, I know that uniform and know whom you got it from.I got that uniform directly from the vet here locally, His last name was Kirkpatrick he made it over seas at the tail end of the war and primarely sepnt his time rounding up japanese in the philippines he was later transfered to the 7th airforce and spent the rest of his tour taking down runwyas in hawaii.That is exactly how he handed me that uniform there was pants and shirts as well.

Ricardo,

I wasn't be offensive. My remark was aimed more at this thread in general.

I think 505 summed it all up nicely.

One thing about this thread...... eBay thieves must be licking their chops. Victims still abound. :rolleyes:

Hi Gil,

Yes, all is possible in the War and after War! thumbsup.gif

PS. The CIB seems that has much time in the uniform.

Best regards,

Ricardo.

Ricardo, I know that uniform and know whom you got it from.I got that uniform directly from the vet here locally, His last name was Kirkpatrick he made it over seas at the tail end of the war and primarely sepnt his time rounding up japanese in the philippines he was later transfered to the 7th airforce and spent the rest of his tour taking down runwyas in hawaii.That is exactly how he handed me that uniform there was pants and shirts as well.

Thank you Dustin!!! The news information are very welcome!! thumbsup.gif

Best regards,

Ricardo.

Ricardo,

I wasn't be offensive. My remark was aimed more at this thread in general.

I think 505 summed it all up nicely.

One thing about this thread...... eBay thieves must be licking their chops. Victims still abound. :rolleyes:

Dont worry my friend Jim, we are here for adding and helping. Yes, many bad people in ebay exist ... already I was victim of some.

Best regards,

Ricardo.

Hi,

I have one 7th AAF Ike jacket with CIB on right flap pocket...and no Air Crew Wings or Air Medals ... maybe a ground personnel with some infantry combat experiences (transfer from Infantry or observation job).

All is possible in the WAR... thumbsup.gif

7aafcibsi5.jpg

Best regards,

Ricardo.

Hi Ricardo. I am nowhere near to being an expert on uniforms and all the variations to them so, I will leave most comment on those things to thosw who know better than I. It looks like a nice uniform overall and Dustin's later comment about the vet spending some time with 7th AF at the end of the war would account for the 7AF patch. The only thing gives me a little pause is the locationh of the CIB.

It's not that it's on the pocket flap; I've certainly seen them on the pocket flap before. In fact, I have a known good 101st Abn officer's uniform with the CIB pinned on the pocket flap and the jump wings/oval above the ribbons. I've just never seen one worn on the right side before. Again, that's just my thoughts and, as I said, I'm certainly not all that knowledgable on all the variations out there.

Hi Ricardo. I am nowhere near to being an expert on uniforms and all the variations to them so, I will leave most comment on those things to thosw who know better than I. It looks like a nice uniform overall and Dustin's later comment about the vet spending some time with 7th AF at the end of the war would account for the 7AF patch. The only thing gives me a little pause is the locationh of the CIB.

It's not that it's on the pocket flap; I've certainly seen them on the pocket flap before. In fact, I have a known good 101st Abn officer's uniform with the CIB pinned on the pocket flap and the jump wings/oval above the ribbons. I've just never seen one worn on the right side before. Again, that's just my thoughts and, as I said, I'm certainly not all that knowledgable on all the variations out there.

Hi Bill,

Thank you mate! thumbsup.gif

I never seen one worn on the right side before too.

Maybe a Allan H. have some coment about this uniform ... a time behind he commented that already had seen something similar (if I will not be deceived).

I will leave the uniform as it is, because Dustin found it thus and Robin sent me it thus.

Best regards,

Ricardo.

I can vouch for ricardo's uniform 100% that is exactly how the vet handed it too me.He had a very uneventfull career he was never in anytype of combat and never fired his weapon in anger and I am not exactly sure how he qualified for the CBI when he arrived in the philippines the hostilites were pretty much over and spent most of his time there rounding up surrendering japanese, he talked to me about how they traveled around with a cooperative japanese officer trying to convince other Japanese soldiers to come out.His unit was disbanded then he was placed in the 7th air force to continue his service as a laborer.

I don't understand how this uniform could have even been in question.... AAF was part of the ARMY. Come on guys.... this isn't rocket science. :rolleyes: So the CIB is on the wrong side.... big deal.

I don't understand how this uniform could have even been in question.... AAF was part of the ARMY. Come on guys.... this isn't rocket science. :rolleyes: So the CIB is on the wrong side.... big deal.

Your comment took me totally by surprise, 101. I never questioned Ricardo's uniform. Further, I did not make a big deal about the CIB being on the wrong side. The only comment I made to Ricardo about the CIB whatsoever, is that I (as in me alone, myself) had never seen one on the right side before. Other than plainly stating that I am not a uniform expert, that's all I said, and that's all I meant.

I was neither attacking Ricardo nor condemning his uniform (which I thought was rather a nice item, actually) and, by his reply to me, I do not think he took it as an attack or condemnation.

I think I'm going to step out of here, sit down, drink a beer, and chill a little bit.

Gentleman,

I am finally back in town and got to read over everything. I have learned alot and appreciate the feedback. I took these pics for my father because he had some concerns with the uniform and he knew that I had joined this forum. I advised him that if he needed anything answered, this was the place to go. ( I am convincing him to sign up and share and learn with the rest of us).

I myself believe the uniform is real, patches are real, but the extras were probably added on later. There is no paperwork or anything to verify to whom the uniform belonged and if the "extras" belong with it. (There is an initial and partial serial # on the tag in the jacket, but I could not make out anything).

My father kept the uniform as it was given to him, as he does everything else. He collects items not for profit, but for enjoyment. He and I both have a nickname for our collections....the "blackhole"...items go in, but never come out. One day this uniform will be in my collection. When that time comes, I will be able to study and scrutinize it better and hope to be better informed in many areas of collecting and research.

Once again, thank you.

Troy

Sorry.... no, my comment wasn't directed at you just in general.

Your comment took me totally by surprise, 101. I never questioned Ricardo's uniform. Further, I did not make a big deal about the CIB being on the wrong side. The only comment I made to Ricardo about the CIB whatsoever, is that I (as in me alone, myself) had never seen one on the right side before. Other than plainly stating that I am not a uniform expert, that's all I said, and that's all I meant.

I was neither attacking Ricardo nor condemning his uniform (which I thought was rather a nice item, actually) and, by his reply to me, I do not think he took it as an attack or condemnation.

I think I'm going to step out of here, sit down, drink a beer, and chill a little bit.

Ricardo,

I have no problems with your uniform and am sure it is "right." There is nothing there to make me think differently. I would say that IF a person were trying to fake a uniform, they would be far more likely to try to make everything look textbook rather than odd. I mean, who would think to add an AAF patch to the right shoulder of a jacket and try to make another collector believe that the uniform was righteous. MOST of the fakes that I am seeing these days include some sort of desireable insignia- airborne patches and jump wings, Merrill's Marauders SSI, 10th MTN and the like. Of course, with the addition of many new collectors to the group, I am sure that more and more uniforms will be getting dolled up to attract those who collect some of the non "elite" units. You can look on this forum and see many who are specializing on units that didn't wear a wing or a tab.

Thanks for showing the jacket.

Allan

I think it was Belgian beer ...... there simply isn't better beer on this planet! :lol:

There are some very interesting points brought out here.

In fact, I learned a lot from these pages (and this forum in general).

Erwin

Ricardo,

I have no problems with your uniform and am sure it is "right." There is nothing there to make me think differently. I would say that IF a person were trying to fake a uniform, they would be far more likely to try to make everything look textbook rather than odd. I mean, who would think to add an AAF patch to the right shoulder of a jacket and try to make another collector believe that the uniform was righteous. MOST of the fakes that I am seeing these days include some sort of desireable insignia- airborne patches and jump wings, Merrill's Marauders SSI, 10th MTN and the like. Of course, with the addition of many new collectors to the group, I am sure that more and more uniforms will be getting dolled up to attract those who collect some of the non "elite" units. You can look on this forum and see many who are specializing on units that didn't wear a wing or a tab.

Thanks for showing the jacket.

Allan

My Friend Allan,

Thank you so much! Your opinion is VERY welcome for me!! thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

Best regards,

Ricardo.

• 1 month later...