Information needed on uniform type EX-48

korea drab

I have a couple of uniform samples of this experimental type. 1 parka,5 trousers and now one field cap(thanks to Mark "tex 36".

I requested aditional information to the QM museum and got a booklet copy of "excersice Yukon" .Its a pre year run testing informative print.

Now I hope some member here can share some more data or pictures on this rare cold weather system.

Here a couple of tags of what I have

post-1820-1296260237.jpg

Owen

Its a delux version of the M-48(or M-1948) parka.The zipper,the pockets are fiberglass lined.Not bulky in use and very ligth even its not a nylon shell.

The trousers are done in diferent materials,configurations too.

Here the parka

post-1820-1296262471.jpg

post-1820-1296262533.jpg

KD ,

In my 30 odd years of collecting I have only had one of these with the spring loaded crown and the fiber lined with the pocket , there is another one similar with out the fiber , however , you have an exciting parka there and one I would love to own , I am not jealous but next door to that !!!

owen

I am off now , but bow down to your superior military items !!!

PS ,

Winter Korean uniforms are my secret weakness .....

owen

And there is more.....all EX-48

This is what I could find on the net(olive drab website) so the EX-48 is a pre run design.I believed it run on paralel side testing diferent insulations.

If any one can update this information please post here.

Thanks

Karl

Item Stock Number Spec/Pattern Notes

Overcoat, parka type, with pile liner 55-O-3139-35 (Small) PQD No. 392 Contract dated Jan 26 1945

Overcoat, parka type, with pile liner 55-O-3139-25 (Large) MIL-O-1952 Pattern date 21 July 1947

Parka, Outer, W/Fiberglass Liner, EX-48-1 Experimental design for fishtail parka, fur edge on hood

Parka, Shell, Cotton, M-1948 55-P-4980-20 (Small) MIL-P-1042 Pattern date Dec 24 1948

Parka, Liner, M-1948

Liner for Parka, Shell, Cotton, M-1948

http://www.olive-drab.com/od_soldiers_clot...m1951_parka.php

• 5 months later...

I seen a pair of these last month at the Rose Bowl flea market and it was the First time I had seen a pair ..

Very Rare trousers .

owen

• 2 weeks later...

A member LOLUSMC has send me an very interesting scan of a USMC magazine from march 1951.The USMC was testing this items also.If someone has more information please add it here.

post-1820-1311775209.jpg