Show Your Kevlar Helmets

OEF COLLECTOR

OEF COLLECTOR

A while back there was a thread for patched and painted ACH helmets, but I'm starting this one to see all kevlar helmets, ACH-PASGT-LWH and to also see how many people have/collect modern helmets. With that being said, if you have a kevlar helmet please post it.

Two Newer USMC Lids. I took Photos of the NVG Mounts of my newer and older USMC LWH (Light Weight Helmets) a little while back.

Both Have ESS Goggles and NVG Mounts

Older One (Early 2000's) has the older Goggle Cover ang the NVG Strap on the Helmet.

Newer one second Half of 2000's has The current style cover for goggles and the mount screwd directly on the Helmet

Cheers,

John

post-5056-1296268261.jpg

post-5056-1296268270.jpg

post-5056-1296268281.jpg

post-5056-1296268296.jpg

Here are my small handful. All are my personal lids worn by me. Only item that is not mine is the UCP-D cover, the lid normally has my UCP cover on it.

DSC02713.jpg

This is my issued Kevlar helmet, 1st Generation, although I have no idea what the nomenclature is for this version.

The first picture (on the left) shows the Kevlar as I wore it after it was issued to me in 1987 at Fort Bragg. It's always been in the parachutists version (second picture) with the back cushion and the rabbit ears, and it went through 55 jumps in the States and Honduras. The first picture (on the right) also displays the cover I wore during Desert Shield/Desert Storm. The chocolate-chip helmet cover is on an Iraqi kevlar-equivalent helmet I brought back from DS/DS that I use for display.

This is my favorite helmet; if I had to liquidate my collection, this would not go under any circumstances.

KevlarHelmetA.jpg

KevlarHelmetB.jpg

Forgot about these, in my storage. While not US issue, they were acquired and used by US personnel..

RBR Tactical F3 and F6 helmets..

DSC02714.jpg

DSC02717.jpg

DSC02718.jpg

DSC02723.jpg

And not sure what this one is in terms of manufacture. It was used in Iraq by a contractor..

DSC02728.jpg

DSC02725.jpg

Anders Heintz

Hooviedude,

Nice lids! Love the UCP-D cover!!

Isn't the last one an RBR Warrior lid as well?

I'll take some pics of my modern lids and post

Anders Heintz

Ok here are most of mine.

I need to take proper pictures of the helmet's I've currently got, but these willhave to do for now.

First up is an Iraq 2003-2004 used PASGT, and next to it is a German Kevlar of current issue, which was used by a DoD contractor in A-Stan.

helmets_3.jpg

And here are 3 ACH's, and a Marine LWH, all but one are named and have pictures of them in use over seas.

helmets_1.jpg

This is my 'special' MICH shelf, a MARSOC lid, and a couple of Scout Sniper lid's.

helmets_4.jpg

And another named Gentex ACH and some close ups on a SDS Warrior lid.

Gentex_Medium_Set-1.jpg

small_sds_set-1.jpg

Nice helmets guys!!!

At what point did they start putting the IRR tabs on the sides of the helmet? I've noticed that showing up a lot more recently.

Anders Heintz

I'm not sure when the sf guys started doing that, but with the regular army it was a new feature on the acu covers that were phased in around 2005. Some guys had the MICH/ACH helmets in Iraq 2004-2005 with the DCU covers. I dont remember which unit that was that I remembered seeing but it was a Stryker brigade combat team. After 2005 it seems the acu covers were pretty much in full swing, I'm not sure if the first generation had the IR tabs or not. If not they were implemented soon there after.

I need to pull out my issued K-pot (an XL sized one) and get photos. I had painted my (at the time) 1LT rank on the front and a officers 'leader' stripe down the back, all WW2 style as I knew nobody would ever see it with the cover on anyway. I should probably display it that was I suppose...