• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
General Apathy

post-344-0-40876500-1442691479.jpg

Hi, really enjoyed reading this thread and seeing all the variants of patches, sorry to say that the frame of patches that I am showing here, are sealed into the frame and appear have been so some ninety years maybe.

Please feel free to delete the image if it's doesn't suit the thread matter.

Lewis.

General Apathy

post-344-0-67006700-1442691767.jpg

Hi, sorry to say that the frame of patches that I am showing here, are sealed into the frame and appear to have been so some ninety years maybe.

Lewis.

General Apathy

post-344-0-86842500-1442691918.jpg

Hi, sorry to say that the frame of patches that I am showing here, are sealed into the frame and appear to have been so some ninety years maybe.

Lewis.

General Apathy

attachicon.gif image.jpg

Lewis.

What I forgot to state in the last three posts with frames of patches, these frames were put together by the " Daughters of the American Revolution magazine fund " and the paperwork on the rear also states 1921.

Appears that this organization is still current today, I just found their website whilst researching them.

Norman D. Landing, Forum Normandy Correspondent, September 24 2015.

There's a certain "naive" charm about those hand-made WW1 patches Ken. Love those Air Service examples...the DOR did a great job of compiling and mounting them!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I love that Third Army patch in the upper left corner--never seen that variation before.

Al

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Lewis.

• 5 months later...
BigJohn#3RD

I posted this earlier: Here is a Railroad Artillery Reserves SSI I recently picked up. Initially I thought that the duck center was gone but upon closer inspection I saw that it looks like the backing was down like features which I assume is the featherless image of the Oozlefinch LOL http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/8082-railway-artillery-reserves/

John

post-5224-0-21851800-1462548743.jpg

• 1 month later...

The original WW I 40th Div patches were authorized as a diamond point up (Left). The command staff did not like that and ordered the doughs wear them flat (right - brassard). Doughs being doughs, that's why there are so many round 40th Div patches from WW I (bottom)

post-622-0-09049100-1466888540.jpg

post-622-0-66707400-1466888567.jpg

post-622-0-56385500-1466888590.jpg

• 10 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I saw this patch on a recent visit to the Museum of the Albemarle in Elizabeth City, NC. They have nice, but small World War One exhibit.

post-96874-0-90856400-1504214490_thumb.jpg

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...