WW1 Patches - Non-Bullion

trenchbuff

First Army, Signal Corps

My thanks to Trenchbuff and Dan for showing such great items;keep them coming,they are a great thing for the forum. I would like to make one small correction in post 62 by Trenchbuff regarding his 40th inf div which is not a Liberty Loan variation, of which there are two types. Sorry can not scan at this time but recently moved and have not sorted out my collection. Regardless great stuff. Mort

My thanks to Trenchbuff and Dan for showing such great items;keep them coming,they are a great thing for the forum. I would like to make one small correction in post 62 by Trenchbuff regarding his 40th inf div which is not a Liberty Loan variation, of which there are two types. Sorry can not scan at this time but recently moved and have not sorted out my collection. Regardless great stuff. Mort

You're very welcome Mort!

Dan, Great variety. Wow, what a collection you have!!!!

Great Patches everyone. Thanks for sharing them. Here is my meager one and only contribution. The 87th "Golden Acorns" that is embroidered on a dark green velvet base. This was my Great Grandfather's who was with the 346th.

post-261-1297969304.jpg

post-261-1297969313.jpg

Great Patches everyone. Thanks for sharing them. Here is my meager one and only contribution. The 87th "Golden Acorns" that is embroidered on a dark green velvet base. This was my Great Grandfather's who was with the 346th.

One of the nicest 87th patches I've seen and the fact that it is a family piece makes it pretty special as well!!! Thanks for adding it.

1st Army, 3rd Pioneer Infantry. There seems to have been a lot of soldiers from Minnesota assigned to this unit.

Very nice patch TB and thanks for the comments on my Great Grandfather's 87th patch. Funny you mention Minnesota. He was from Minnesota as well but was with the 87th.

4th Division

Nice!!! :thumbsup:

I've always wondered what those blue and red coloured centres (bottom row, first and second from left) meant; does anyone know?

Rogier