Felt on Felt Tech 5

36-tex

craig_pickrall

Lee, when you say foreign made do you mean for use by a GI or for a foreign army? Do you think that color combo would go on an OD or khaki uniform or would it be for blues or whites?

I don't really know what they are but had wondered if maybe they were a military school / ROTC or possibly police. I was thinking maybe the T was for a police training officer.

Did either of you look in Emerson's CHEVRONS? I have been to lazy to so far.

Looks British made to me.

Probably so, and they were made for US Army personnel. I don't know of any other military formation using the "T" stripes except the US Army. (That don't mean somewhere, some other organization couldn't have tho.) Lots of US insignia was made overseas during the WWII era for use by US troops.

Without knowing where they originally came from (eg., vet’s footlocker,), you have to consider the strong possibility they were recently made/created by somebody. To me, they just don’t have that original theater made “look” to them. The T’s are not formed well- rather amateurish. Looks like these were hand cut and sewn on a sewing machine.

And they don’t exhibit any unique characteristics that would point to a country of origin – could have been anywhere, Britain, U.S., Sweden, ….wherever felt, thread, scissors, and a sewing machine could exist.

Could be original, may not be. Just no way to know.

Kurt

They are actually very well made. I will UV light them and let you know the results. I also do not think they were made or worn by non-military personnel. Just looked to cool to pass up.