Army Avaiator grouping! just the beginning...more to come

Leatherwringer

Leatherwringer

A buddy of mine just sent me a box full of goodies.....all I am missing is his ribbon rack and I forgot to

ask him what went on the flap of his right chest pocket!

12th Combat Avaiation Brigade -412th Avaiation Support

he gave me his 2 piece flight suit also!

the patches are

The HMM 263 is a Marine corps Medium Helicopter unit.

The Blackhawk M represents the UH-60M

and The 2-1 Fighting Eagles

004-1.jpg

008.jpg

007-1.jpg

005-1.jpg

Cobrahistorian

Very nice! Just a quick note though, the rank insignia goes 1/2" from the shoulder seam. The green leader tabs should be positioned halfway on the epaulette and the Distinctive Unit Insignia should be pinned through it.

Jon

Leatherwringer
Very nice! Just a quick note though, the rank insignia goes 1/2" from the shoulder seam. The green leader tabs should be positioned halfway on the epaulette and the Distinctive Unit Insignia should be pinned through it.

Jon

sounds good...I will fix it right now! my buddy sent me all the goodies off the uniform and I emailed him to find out how he wore them. I did not ask about that, only his wings and CAB and Air Assault badge.

he replied that he wore his Air assault on his pocket.

and now it is fixed! thanks for the heads up!!

011.jpg

Leatherwringer
Nice gift!! Are you going to reconstruct his ribbon bar? What are his awards?

yes....the info is being gathered as we type!!

• 2 weeks later...

It's been awhile since we wore the dress green saucer caps, but isn't that an enlisted cap? And I think Majors are where you start wearing the scrambled eggs on the visor.

It's been awhile since we wore the dress green saucer caps, but isn't that an enlisted cap? And I think Majors are where you start wearing the scrambled eggs on the visor.

Looks to be a company grade officer cap. Probably didn't want to spring the bucks for a field grade (o4 and above) that has the scrambled eggs.

Leatherwringer

I will have to ask him.....

IMPERIAL QUEST

Good for you! I know first hand how utterly thrilling it is to have such items passed on from a friend. Nothin' quite like having such a personal connection with a uniform in your collection. :thumbsup:

Probably made major after the green hats went obsolete and were replaced by berets.

That's probably the best answer right there. The AW vest is pre 05, so it would make sense that the major rank came after the beret change.

Its an officers hat (notice the mohair like material) however missing the eagle plate and gold chin strap. You are correct that Army field grade officers (Major thru Col) wear the scrambled eggs on the bill. I may have an extra chin strap, if you can use it send me a PM.

Terry

Leatherwringer
Its an officers hat (notice the mohair like material) however missing the eagle plate and gold chin strap. You are correct that Army field grade officers (Major thru Col) wear the scrambled eggs on the bill. I may have an extra chin strap, if you can use it send me a PM.

Terry

Hi Terry...pm on the way!