Current issued aid bag

hawkdriver

With nothing to do on a boring Sunday afternoon, I decided to take the aid bag off the wall and photograph it for reference purposes.

This is what we have hanging next to the door that we grab on our way out to the bunker during IDF attacks. I don'[t know if this come from a kit or what, it appears to replicate the previous combat life-saver bag.

29dtvme.jpg

As it is all bundled up

281c47a.jpg

Opened up

121yhpt.jpg

hanging by the door awaiting action

Interesting piece, I haven't seen one like that yet. I have a current issue CLS bag, issued to the Marine version of the Army's CLS and it is a flimsy, thin nylon Unit 1 or M-3 bag. It was "liberated" by a Marine nephew of mine. A little bigger then the one I used (and hated) in the 80's and a real P.O.S. :thumbdown: if you ask my opinion. Military history tends to demonstrate that the designer of military infantry equipment, has no experience on which to base his/her designs. :blink:

The bag you picture, is it a shoulder bag or waist bag? Kind of hard to tell in the pic.

Doc Rick

That is an interesting bag you have there Hawk. I have two versions of that, one in ACU and one in Coyote Tan from the same maker. What is so neat about this bag is that the strap can be configured to fit the individuals taste. The buckles can be unsnapped and the straps repositioned. According to the website, these are used by Combat Medics and Corpsmen . Very interesting piece of gear and looks practical.

Recon Mountaineering website: http://www.reconmountaineer.com/Products.html

Link for the TC3-V1: http://www.reconmountaineer.com/PDF_flyers...ineerTC3-V1.pdf

Link to the CTB-V2 (USMC Version): http://www.reconmountaineer.com/PDF_flyers...ineerCTB-V2.pdf

This TC3 came out of the MES (Medical Equipment Set) and is used much like the CLS bag. It is designed to be used as a butt pack, shoulder carry, or the carry handle on the end. My medic says it's a little more versatile than the M-3, a little less cumbersome than the M-3 and a whole lot more sturdier. He said it won't sit and twist when you are running and won't accidentally unfold on you. It's a lot more compartmentalized and that makes it easier to find things when it's dark out.

I asked my medic and he said there wasn't a specific list for that bag, just the standard CLS packing list and then whatever else you wanted in it. I looked to see if there was a packing list inside the bag and couldn't find one.