Contractor Uniform

hawkdriver

I was going to post this in fakes, but it's not a fake. The purpose of posting this is so that in the future, if someone comes up with one of these uniforms, it isn't confused with military, Spec Ops, or anyone eles. This uniform is currently what is being worn by the contract security companies that are guarding our gates. Almost all the guards are Ugandans

The interesting thing about these uniforms, they are cut exactly like the ACU's. THere can be some minor differences, such as shoulder tabs, velcro differences, but for the most part, the uniforms can look exactly like the ACU. This guy is wearing a ball cap, but they are also issued tan boonie hats. Their cold weather coat is a pure black Gortex coat, exactly like the old woodland Gortex coats.

fko55g.jpg

They also use the BDU cut as well , I got this one from a guy who worked for Sabre , when they were doing stuff together with Torres ,In fact my friend may have trained the gentleman in the first picture !

SABREcontractUNI1.JPG

It's interesting that the link shows a US contractor wearing it. We have four on our COS and all of them wear ACU's, not the tan ones. Maybe they didn't want to be mistaken for a Ugandan guard. The guy in charge of the Ugandans come over every so often and I am going to see if I can trade for a pair, If I am so lucky, I will post it here. I have spent some time studying these uniforms as I pass them at the DIFAC and PX, the uniforms are ACU down to the plastic keepers on the cargo pocket strings.

These ACU type are a recent change. When the previous security contract run by Sabre was in place, the guards had the BDU style uniforms, now that the new contractor is in place, they wear these ACU type. I will see if I can find a better picture and post it.

As for the BDU style, the fire fighters in all the bases wear them. I have a couple uniforms that I got from a fire fighter and they are the Tru-spec made ones.

I was going to post this in fakes, but it's not a fake. The purpose of posting this is so that in the future, if someone comes up with one of these uniforms, it isn't confused with military, Spec Ops, or anyone eles. This uniform is currently what is being worn by the contract security companies that are guarding our gates. Almost all the guards are Ugandans

The interesting thing about these uniforms, they are cut exactly like the ACU's. THere can be some minor differences, such as shoulder tabs, velcro differences, but for the most part, the uniforms can look exactly like the ACU. This guy is wearing a ball cap, but they are also issued tan boonie hats. Their cold weather coat is a pure black Gortex coat, exactly like the old woodland Gortex coats.

fko55g.jpg

Now this is great pictorial info for the future. Cool uniform also. Thanks for sharing it.

Hmmm, for some reason, I am getting a sense of familiarity with this thread :lol: :lol:

And Hawk, are you sure they are Ugandies? I had them with me at one point, but when I was there this summer, there were still a few Ugandies hanging about from older contracts that stayed on ( ran into a couple of them that used to be my guys) , but they were using folks from Sierra Leone for the most now.

And the civvies you see wearing ACU's, could they be DOD, or DA civvies, or one of the Fed LEO types? I've only seen a small few contracting org's that are allowed to wear the current utility uniform. MPRI was one that I recall. But the majority of the PSC/PMC who are required by DOD contracting to wear a distinguishing uniform aren't allowed by contract to wear US MIL uniforms, or anything that could be mistaken for US MIL.

Funny you should ask that. I read this post but was late for breakfast, so I went to eat. As I was standing next to the juice machine, one of the guards came up and I just asked him, Ugandan, all of the guys at this base are Ugandan. I can't tell you what the other bases have.

As for the contractors, the only ones here that wear the tan ACU uniforms are the superviosors of the guards and they only wear the pants. All other contractors here either wear the ACU with the US rank patch, probably DOD civilians, or they were that funky fishing gear type of uniform, tan shirt with forrest green trousers. I don't get to talk to them to find out, but if I get a chance before I leave here in a few days, I will trap one at the chow hall exit and ask them.

Yep, they have that, but I have also seen a double breast pocket fishing type shirt as well. That company is one of the three that I have seen doing security.

I talked to one of the guys today and the Police training teams are the ones wearing the fishing shirts and forrest green trousers.